iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I can breathe again

Started by burlman, March 17, 2007, 09:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burlman

I hate to talk about age but 25 years of wood dust from milling, chainsawing and woodworking are starting to show. As much as I tried dustmasks, and air cleaners I find myself congested at the end of the day. I went to the industial safety supply store to look at those battery powered air filter helmets, but from $800.00 to $ 1500.00 plus filters, it was back to the dust mask. However last week I discovered a unit, from triton manufacturing, For $220.00can. I got a powered resperator unit. Has a hard hat with earphones and flip up visor a hood that covers around the neck, and a rechargable battery back you ware around your waist with a hose that feeds filtered air to your face, keeping the visor clear. so far I love  it while woodworking in my basement. I see it will be great around the mill on those dats when the wind isn't blowing the right way when you are cutting. drywall sanding will also become bearable.The booklet also claims that I can get different filters for welding. that smoke really bothers me. their website is (www.triton.com.au)

Burlkraft

I hope that works for ya... ;) ;)
I am finding that sawdust bothers me a lot more now than it did 25 er..so years ago.

I hate wearin' masks too..... :-\ :-\

Took long 'nuff ta get used ta safety glasses.... ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

TexasTimbers

Very interesting. I have had to turn my mill 3 times in the last 2 days because of prevailing winds blowing dust right back in my face. This would be real handy. Thanks for sharing it.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

SwampDonkey

Well I definitely couldn't work in a cabinet shop because of the constant dust. I walked in one a couple years ago and the only ventilation I saw was two open doors out the side of the building. No one with a mask on.  ::) When I sand or plane wood in my shop I need a mask of some sort. I don't do enough of woodworking for extended periods to buy a fancy mask or respirator gadget though.

I'm glad you found something decent for the price.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodwalker

Burlman, I bought one bout two years ago. Started using it baling hay. Seamed like every time I had to tie off a roll I was down wind of the bailer. Started using it on the mill too. Keeps a lot of saw dust out of and off you. 
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Thank You Sponsors!