Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

Thanks mike! Dave I believe it is a esco
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thecfarm

I don't see many of those Bells around here.
I have seen the Orange ones around. Those was around about 30 years ago. Last one I saw was about 10 years back. Grandson had a field day with a logging company and they had one there.
Good luck with the grapple skidder.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bay Beagle

Resonator

Good to see an old Prentice getting ready. Those were built not far from me in Prentice, WI. They were sold to CAT forest products in 2007. Got to haul their machines on flatbed a few times.

This was back in spring of 2011, it ended up going to Louisiana as I recall. Unloading it took some work, they had to attach the cab and run the machine to lower the outriggers onto old skidder tires. That lifted the machine enough that I was able to drive my trailer out from underneath it.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

coxy

Quote from: Bay Beagle on January 30, 2018, 01:21:37 PM

Gett'n ready ~

a little body puddy and some sand paper and she almost road ready  :D

Resonator

Mike, it was the company's step deck, a Chaparral. And if you mean wheels, I don't remember. Looking online their listed as 22.5's.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

sawguy21

Quote from: coxy on January 30, 2018, 03:36:11 PM
Quote from: Bay Beagle on January 30, 2018, 01:21:37 PM

Gett'n ready ~

a little body puddy and some sand paper and she almost road ready  :D
Just don't try to get past the scales. Man that is ugly. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Skeans1

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 29, 2018, 10:38:37 PM
Is that an Esco grapple? Looks like the one on Myrtle.

Myrtle before rebuilding.

Young also built grapples like that, also a heads up for you guys with Esco grapples they no longer do forestry grapples.

Grandpa

Quote from: mike_belben on January 30, 2018, 02:12:19 PM
Nice stepdeck.  Are those 17.5?
I don't remember the size but they are the small ones. That is a low pro stepdeck with a deck height of 34 to 36".

Resonator, I have no idea who you are but I can say without a doubt that I have been hooked to that same trailer. I quit in 2013 and went back in the woods.

If my memory is correct a 519 is a yellow 210.

starmac

There is three different sizes of 17.5 tires, maybe even 4. I have the small ones on a stepdeck, bad mistake and I doubt I would ever buy another stepdeck with 17.5 tires at all, but might would try the larger ones.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Resonator

Hey Grandpa, very good chance we were at the same place, I'll send you a PM.

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

Dave Shepard

That's a nice stick! What is that skidder?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

logman81

There was some really nice wood on that job. The skidder was a gafner mini skidder a little bigger than a Garrett 10. Sold it and just got a old c4b long frame.

JLeBouton

Franks Logging out of Peshtigo WI with their TimberPro TN725C with JP Skidmore CF-22 in oak.

Skeans1

How many of the Skidmore heads have the bottom knife/arm been put on?

JLeBouton

Quote from: Skeans1 on February 27, 2018, 05:47:07 PM
How many of the Skidmore heads have the bottom knife/arm been put on?
Between the CF-22s and modified CF-18s, probably 5 or 6 with lower thumb.

teakwood

The firm Haas from germany takes new John Deere forestry machines and make them even better, the have some cool videos!

HAAS Traction aid cable winch JD1110E - YouTube

HAAS Traction aid rope winch JD Harvester (Front & Rear) - YouTube

A very good video but sadly in german: Haas makes every wish and tough you have a reality. This guy wanted the traction winch and bogie lifts in the front and back individually usable as he explains/shows at 4.02min  
The machines come with remote winching and remote driving 
Kombiforwarder JD 1110E HAAS - YouTube
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

lopet

The dancing forwarder. :D :D
Pretty impressive how they can climb those hills.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Corley5

Does anything have to done to engine and hydraulic oil intakes to be sure the systems aren't starved of oil operating in these extemes ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Skeans1

There's a set of Alpine winches on some Ponsse's out here and so far they haven't had an issue. The videos really don't do justice vs seeing the guys drop a Tigercat 870 or 855 off 90% or steeper ground. If you guys want to see the original steep ground machine look up a Washington/Allied feller buncher far as I know of all the ones built there's only one left out at camp 18.

Riwaka

Climb Max - this was filmed a while back.
Be interesting to see the cost figures of a tracked feller buncher/ felling head machine operating with a traction winch excavator/ bulldozer against the cost of just operating the Climbmax with winch, blade , dry sump engine etc
Would also like to see a Climbmax operating with a tiger cat or south star felling head or duxson felling head. http://www.duxson.co.nz/fellinghead
Safer Tree Harvesting with ClimbMAX - YouTube

Thank You Sponsors!