iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 385

Started by Shawn, October 15, 2006, 10:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

On my husky 385, I can see sparks from the chain. My oiler works and the is no FOD in the log. Do I need to increase my oil output? Running a 36" bar.

Also I get slack in my chains. I have to stop, loosen nuts, tighten slack, then retighten nuts. What could this be?

Shawn...
Change is part of the design process.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations

Kevin

I keep my oil output cranked up, oil is cheap, bars and chains are expensive.
Tighten your chain with the bar raised then tighten the nuts.
Check the owners manual for this.
Also 18 of 34 here... oregonchain

millit

rebocardo

I see sparks on my saws every once in a while, from the chain or bar.  Usually because of a burr on the rail. If your saw is good and hot, sawdust will hit the muffler and make sparks especially near dusk. I have set some logs to smoldering that were dry by having the muffler too close too long when cutting some big stuff.

Shawn

Thanks everyone.

Shawn...

twoodward15

Hmmm, FOD..  Aircraft mechanic???
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

sawguy21

:D :D :D  I missed that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Shawn

Yes, I have an A&P license. FCC too. Haven't used them because a couple idiot's thought it would be cool to fly airplanes into buildings. { Please lord, forgive me for my anger!}
FOD = Foriegn Object/ debris. Little bits of metal from ground equipment (Tugs, Baggage carts), vehicles, Debris from suitcases like zippers and lock. When you wind up a jet engine, these things will get sucked up right off the ground. If you you chip a turbine fan blade, it will brake off.

BTW, my wife is in the medical field, There is an insurance code for death by being sucked into a jet engine. You never heard about it on the news. Few years back, a woman walked into a propeller at night. She was wearing hearing protection. She didn't hear turbine running. Safety first!!!

Shawn...

Thank You Sponsors!