iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hudson buck saw / timberjack 330

Started by Justalogger, November 01, 2018, 08:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justalogger

I bought a timberjack 330 loader with a buck saw someone had took lines off going to quick connects and capped the ports off under turnntable. I have plumber into the lines to the delimber since I will not use it and throw it away. Anyways I got saw to go down works great except saw up it comes up about half the speed and really Boggs the loader down and causes it to black smoke any help is appreciated since this is all new to me thanks. Also loader is a 1999 and joysticks

backwoodsdave

Just be sure you have the bar up line that used to go to the delimber going to the bar up on the ground saw first, then there should be a flow control valve in the line going to the bar cylinder on the ground saw, turn the valve out to speed up the bar up function, there should also be a bar up pressure adjustment on the saw control block inside the saw, most have two pressure adjustment cartridges, the smaller of the two is the bar up relief, turn it out to lower the pressure on the bar up function, should be around 1500-1800 psi or thereabouts, I've worked on a few hudsons, yours may be different.

Justalogger

Thank you very much I'm going to try and see what else I can do it does have the 2 flow valves on it and one seems to not do anything and the relief on the block on the saw seems to do nothing as well

Justalogger

Where would a man go to buy parts at for these saws thanks

Riwaka

places like csi, unless you want make your own hydraulic parts or chain bars.
CSI | Parts Division

Usually have a trained hydraulics person/ mechanics etc show you what to do if possible. Pressure hydraulics played around with can be dangerous and expensive.

Thank You Sponsors!