iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmill motor followed me home (circle mill)

Started by jeep534, April 19, 2015, 09:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeep534

I am shopping for a circle mill and look what followed me home

jeep534

Hmmmmm photos did not show up however they are in my gallery. anyway it is a waukesha 190 6 cylinder diesel 265 cubic inches I think around 100hp  it did not come with a clutch (pto) it had one but previous owner did not get it,  so I am on the hunt for a pto clutch the locating ring is 18 inches and has 12 bolts I think

ddcuning

I went  through the same thing with my Cummins since it was a generator that I converted to a sawmill engine. You will need to establish which bell housing and clutch size that you need. Bell housings are standardized by SAE number. You can determine what you have from the following link

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Tech-Help/Engines/Bell-Housing-Dimensions/

the second link can tell you the capacities of each bell housing and clutch set up

http://www.foleyengines.com/resources/tech-tips/available-sae-housing-sizes-available-clutch-sizes-torque-capacities-key

My Cummins is an SAE 1 with a 14" clutch so for twin disc, the bell housing is an SP214 (two clutches, 14" diameter). I targeted a double clutch due to my engine being 190Hp and happened to find one in a salvage yard that I could rebuild.

Next thing you need to establish whether it will need a pilot or not. Mine does not have a pilot but the drive sheave is in between the bell housing and an external bearing stand. Someone may correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you don't have an external bearing stand, you have to have a pilot since the bell housing itself is not designed to house 2 bearings. Make sure when you get the PTO you get the appropriate drive ring for it as well. I rebuilt my PTO with new bearings and clutches. All of that stuff is available.

We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

thecfarm

I posted this picture for ya.  :)

This should help on the posting pictures part.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture or posting a comment. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jeep534

jeep534

I built the skid and it is mostly complete. I have to finish the battery tray and figure out what to do about the radiator, put some belting in between the skid and motor.  The fuel pump was modified to use an electric fuel pump (one of the valves were removed). I ordered a fuel pump kit from Kroves oliver parts. (this motor was used in oliver tractors) they sent the wrong kit (I have not heard this thing run as of yet )I have to talk to them today so see how to get the correct one.

jeep534

Thank you I finally got it figured out I think

Quote from: thecfarm on April 20, 2015, 07:24:08 AM
I posted this picture for ya.  :)

This should help on the posting pictures part.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture or posting a comment. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.

jeep534

Dave,
       Thank you for the info. It appears to be a #2 with a pilot
archie
Quote from: ddcuning on April 20, 2015, 07:10:13 AM
I went  through the same thing with my Cummins since it was a generator that I converted to a sawmill engine. You will need to establish which bell housing and clutch size that you need. Bell housings are standardized by SAE number. You can determine what you have from the following link

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Tech-Help/Engines/Bell-Housing-Dimensions/

the second link can tell you the capacities of each bell housing and clutch set up

http://www.foleyengines.com/resources/tech-tips/available-sae-housing-sizes-available-clutch-sizes-torque-capacities-key

My Cummins is an SAE 1 with a 14" clutch so for twin disc, the bell housing is an SP214 (two clutches, 14" diameter). I targeted a double clutch due to my engine being 190Hp and happened to find one in a salvage yard that I could rebuild.

Next thing you need to establish whether it will need a pilot or not. Mine does not have a pilot but the drive sheave is in between the bell housing and an external bearing stand. Someone may correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you don't have an external bearing stand, you have to have a pilot since the bell housing itself is not designed to house 2 bearings. Make sure when you get the PTO you get the appropriate drive ring for it as well. I rebuilt my PTO with new bearings and clutches. All of that stuff is available.

Thank You Sponsors!