iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Different make of Sawmill

Started by Chuck White, February 06, 2017, 06:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Anyone heard of Burbaker of Brubaker sawmills?

I just sharpened a few blades for a guy and he told me he has a "Brubaker" sawmill, but when asked how to spell the name he spelled out "Burbaker"!

Manufactured by an Amish family in Canada!

Not that important, just wondering!   :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

47sawdust

Chuck,I've never heard of that one.There are a lot of Amish mill Mfg. both in Canada and the U.S.They maintain a pretty low profile.The Sawmill Exchange is a great historical resource for mill mfg.as they have been selling used equipment for a long time.
Good luck to ya,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Sheepkeeper

About a year and a half ago a former customer of mine bought himself a used sawmill (Woodmizer) and asked me if I could help him figure out the sharpener and setter that came with it. The sharpener and setter were manufactured by Isaac Brubacher in Clifford, ON. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a sawmill to go with it.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Thank You Sponsors!