iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anybody got a favorite diet soda?

Started by fiddle1, April 12, 2011, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiddle1

been interested lately in diet sodas that dont taste
like diet sodas.

beverages have come a huge way from Diet Rite and TAB.

the best  so far were

Stewart's DIET ORANGE 'N CREAM they also make a pretty good Diet Rootbeer

and

Diet MT DEW CODE RED was alright.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sweetfarm

My wife says Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper is the best!  Even better than Diet Dr. Pepper something about the cherry flavor in it, hides the Diety taste. 

submarinesailor

Try the Gold Peak Diet Tea.  It's the best deit drink I have found.  Giant Food stores just had ir on sale at 10 for $10.

bruce

Tom

A tall, cool, glass of water in glass.

Jeff

Quote from: Tom on April 12, 2011, 12:03:35 PM
A tall, cool, glass of water in glass.

I link mine cold.  :)    I gave up soft drinks a couple years ago and it made a heck of a difference in how I felt, I then got addicted to them again. This time I have been off from them since this last November and feel good again.  I am caffeine free, and do not dring anything other then non carbonated beverages. I only drink water, occasionally some milk and juices, but mostly just good cold clear wonderful water. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tyb525

I'm in the process of getting off caffeine... right now I'm hooked on Vernors, caffeine free  8)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Burlkraft

I got off the caffeine when I had my heart attack.

Worst headache I ever had.

It's either c/f diet Dew or Pepsi now
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Patty

I usually go for a bottle of cold water too, when I am driving. It just tastes better to me than a soda, especially if it has had time to warm up a bit. Those diet teas aren't so bad, either, but my first choice is always water. 
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

timerover51

I normally will have either water or water with Crystal Lite or something from Ocean Spray added to it.  For a diet soda, I much prefer Diet A&W Root Beer.  It tastes just about the same as regular A&W.

Burlkraft

That Ocean Spray stuff for a water bottle is pretty DanG good!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Dodgy Loner

I am trying wean myself off of the sugary stuff, but I don't think I can do without my caffeine. Coke Zero tastes much better than Diet Coke to me. I like a hot cup of joe for my caffeine kick, though. Cream, no sugar.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

sawguy21

I have never found a diet soda that I liked, they taste sweet to me with no zing. I gotta lay off the coffee though, I try to keep it down to two cups a day and never after supper. My favorite beverage is water.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bandmill Bandit

Diet Lime Pepsi!

Was diet lime Coke till they discontinued it.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

tyb525

I'd be careful of the diet stuff, the sweeteners can do some nasty stuff to ya.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Warren

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on April 14, 2011, 12:21:06 PM
I am trying wean myself off of the sugary stuff, but I don't think I can do without my caffeine. Coke Zero tastes much better than Diet Coke to me. I like a hot cup of joe for my caffeine kick, though. Cream, no sugar.

+1 on the Coke Zero....
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Magicman

No soda for me diet or otherwise.  When I'm sawing I add a ½ scoop of powdered lemon/lime Gatoraide to my water several times a day.  It seems to add a little kick to my giddy up go.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 14, 2011, 12:35:23 PM
I gotta lay off the coffee though, I try to keep it down to two cups a day and never after supper.

I try to drink at least two cups a day, plus Coke Zero or Diet Mtn Dew to get my caffeine. Not for the energy, but because scientists have linked caffeine consumption to a reduced risk of Alzheimers. My mother is only 53 and is in an assisted living facility with Alzheimers, so it's a very real threat for me :(
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

beenthere

Quote from: Magicman on April 15, 2011, 09:27:01 AM
No soda for me diet or otherwise.  When I'm sawing I add a ½ scoop of powdered lemon/lime Gatoraide to my water several times a day.  It seems to add a little kick to my giddy up go.

That's better than takin a knock in the head.    :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tonto

Diet peach snapple iced tea only for me. Will pack a small cooler if we are going somewhere just to make sure I have something to drink or water will do. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: tyb525 on April 14, 2011, 02:13:06 PM
I'd be careful of the diet stuff, the sweeteners can do some nasty stuff to ya.

Yea reality is that all the sodas are pretty much poison to the human body. I have cut my Pop drinking down to about 3 bottles a week and I have one cup of coffee about 3 mornings a week. Been working on getting about 4 to 6 quarts of cool water in me a day now and it has made a difference in how I feel and how well I sleep too.

Heard an old farmer friend once say that he figured pop for people is about the same as steroids in feed for cattle and does just about as much harm too.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Thank You Sponsors!