iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Profile update and Roll Call!

Started by Jeff, February 10, 2018, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Lko67

Thanks for the welcome will have questions soon starting the search for a mill

woodmaker

franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Darrel

That was a frustrating exercise. I'm sure that says more about me than it does about the exercise, but it's done now. I will probably come back and do more later.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Weekend_Sawyer

I got it done. Still fleshing out the about me but it's coming along.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

btulloh

HM126

Jeff

WV Sawmiller

Done.

On the job description reminded me of a standard card you had to fill out at hotels in Cameroon in West Central Africa. They always asked for job title and I always filled in "Hotel and restaurant inspector" - it never helped.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

Done. It was actually quite simple, now youse guys even know what my ugly mug looks like
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 15, 2018, 09:29:36 PM
Done. It was actually quite simple, now youse guys even know what my ugly mug looks like

Now that you have your location pinned down, I can let you know that you live among relatives of mine.  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

GRANITEstateMP

I think I got the puter' all updated.  Maybe!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Chuck White

How do I move my "location arrow"?

Can I move an arrow that's in my Town, and wrong location?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Go to your profile / modify profile /forum profile. Go to the bottom and there is the place where you can edit your place on the map.  If you zoom in, you can place your pin on your couch if you want.

Jeff

If you switch to satellite view from map view you can be very accurate.

Andries

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

I have mine in. The picture of my place,I had the logger in. Both of our vehicles are there.I was raking leaves too. I can see the wife's tractor with the box on the back. I know I am outside there somewheres.  :D But could be inside getting something to eat. Or out in the woods. Who knows.
We bought back some of The Farm. I cut off some of the grown up pasture to get a better view of the field. I made a google map copy of our place before we brought that land. Than a few years later google updated our place. It shows where I did the cutting. Kinda neat to see the before and after.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

When using Google Earth there is a button on the top that looks like a clock, click on it and then you can move the slider to go through the different years.

Dave Shepard

I moved my pin. It was on the other side of town, for some reason. Satellite image is still from '14.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandhills

Don't feel bad Dave, when I updated mine I was still living 4 miles away  :D, we moved, no problem of the map.

Darrel

If you zoom in on my map, you'll see some a few stacks of lumber.  My 34' 5th wheel is there now instead of the lumber. and a whole lot of the junk is gone and brush piles have been burnt this winter. My sawmill is about 30 miles to the south at a customer's house. If you know what you're looking for, you can see my jeep, it's kinda spread out.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

wesdor

Updated my profile.  Looks like some nice additions.

Thank You Sponsors!