iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Life on the farm...

Started by scsmith42, June 08, 2018, 10:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

After grading out some fill at a new hay barn here on the farm, I had just shut off the bulldozer when Ricochet, our 9 year old Belgian Malinois, decided on her own to join me on the operators seat and be a lap puppy! She frequently joins me in the backhoe cab but this was her first time on the dozer.

Surprised the heck out of me when she bounded up and jumped onto my lap!

She's been raised around equipment and knows to keep away when the engine is running.  

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

mike_belben

I wish i could teach my kids to stay away from the iron!  
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

Thats a big lap dog :)
Nice looking dog by the way.
I hear they are very smart and loyal.
My dog jumps up in the tractor cab with me but theres no room to ride.
Im too big :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

My other dog would follow me. never jumped onto the tractor until my wife sat beside me. Yep,he jumped right up into my lap.  :o  Yep he thought the world of her.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Knowing Malis she probably wants to operate the dozer for you - they are driven to work for sure.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scsmith42

Quote from: WDH on June 08, 2018, 09:41:41 PM
Which one is Ricochet?

:D
The good looking one.....   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Runningalucas

Awesome Dog!!!  I've got a similar farm shepherd.  We just keep it a secret that he's on 4 legs, and I'm on 2; other than that, he's human.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

Thank You Sponsors!