iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our local small town paper headline.

Started by Jeff, June 15, 2018, 08:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

With more gun laws, maybe he wouldn't have all the guns he had,  :D :D sick man. ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

reswire

He must have saw her coming.... :D :D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

DanG

I can't read the article.  What saw did he use? Was it a commercial grade or one of those "homeowner" models? How long and what type was the bar? What chain, full skip? Half skip?  Was the chain properly sharpened?  We need to know these things!!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

PA_Walnut

Quote from: DanG on June 16, 2018, 06:15:41 AMHow long and what type was the bar? What chain, full skip? Half skip?  Was the chain properly sharpened?

:D:D  Chain choice was probably not thought out. Should have depended upon crosscuts or ripping.
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

ellmoe

Judging from that front page, not a safe place to be in a relationship!
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Magicman

Well it does say; Happy Father's Day.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

50 to 1 it was about Oil.
The mixture was wrong!

dustyhat

I guess the residents thought,  Was that a bump stock or just a bad sprocket?

47sawdust

I think the two pictured are soul mates.Let's hope they are beyond breeding age.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

olcowhand

I heard this guy bought the saw at a Swap Meet, using the much discussed "Loophole".
He's a Felon on Parole, so he probably didn't want to use a firearm. That would be a mandatory life sentence...
Since he just was visiting the area, I heard that they're going to set up a check station to verify that nobody is bringing illegal Chainsaws into the community for the Pig Roast. :D Make sure you have your permit with you if you bring your saw!
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

WV Sawmiller

Had to have been a professional grade saw. He would never have gotten a homeowner model cranked before she escaped.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tree-farmer

Must have been something she said .....
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: tree-farmer on June 17, 2018, 04:48:34 PM
Must have bee something she said .....
Either that or she burned the biscuits and double salted the grits...

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Many years ago our town made the national news as well as the Johnny Carson show when a woman bit her boyfriends tongue off and then threw it behind the woods stove.  Another forest products related story. :D

barbender

I think we all probably have a few local news events we'd rather not talk about. Maybe even personal involvement😂
Too many irons in the fire

newoodguy78

ellmoe

Quote from: barbender on June 18, 2018, 09:36:00 AM
I think we all probably have a few local news events we'd rather not talk about. Maybe even personal involvement😂

Maybe true where you are from, but NEVER in Florida! lol
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Jeff

And, a local business sign about 5 minutes from here. Last year it went national when it said now hiring class of 2017.

ellmoe

Well, that may increase church attendance. ::)

Jeff

I learned the rest of the story. Turns out the church members were gathered on the other side of the road, protesting the business. That's when Miceli's decided to welcome them on the sign.  :D

Ron Scott

~Ron

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!