iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ketchup is there any other kind?

Started by Novascotiamill, July 09, 2018, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novascotiamill

Heinz ketchup ,the ketchup bottle that I remember as a small child always on the kitchen table. And so it shall stay regardless of tradewars and tarrifs! My son would not be impressed with a substitute for his homefries and burgers.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

sawguy21

French's is also good if available in your area. There is backlash against Heinz for pulling production out of Canada, French's took over their abandoned Leamington ON plant.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Novascotiamill

2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

sawguy21

Consumers are angry at Heinz for abandoning their Canadian employees and are boycotting their products.

Novascotiamill

Oh I thought there was still plenty of heinz products being made in canada 
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

submarinesailor

As much as possible, I refuse to purchase/use any Heinz products.  I just don't like anything at gives John Kerry >:( >:( >:( any money.  Yes, I know that Berkshire Hathaway purchased them in 2013.

I was very happy to see my favorite store is now carrying several other brands: Annie's Homegrown, French's, Nature's Promise, Hellmann's (my favorite).

Bruce

Southside

I have no love for Lurch either, but I still put the Heinz in the basket every time. I tried one of the others once, just once. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

I have not seen Hellmann's ketchup, probably very good. They make my favorite mayo.

Wudman

Quote from: Southside logger on July 09, 2018, 10:29:50 PM
I have no love for Lurch either, but I still put the Heinz in the basket every time. I tried one of the others once, just once.
No support for Lurch.  Hunt's is my brand.
Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

DanG

I prefer Hunt's.  Heinz has too much vinegar for my taste.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Pjames

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gary_C

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DDW_OR

Walmart's Great Value Chili Sauce.
it tastes like a VERY GOOD gourmet ketchup
it has no heat
Great Value Chili Sauce, 12 fl oz - Walmart.com

"let the machines do the work"

lxskllr

Never bought ketchup. If something tastes good with ketchup, it'll taste better with hot sauce.

Dave Shepard

Agreed! I keep Red Hot in the Jeep at all times. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Gary_C

Quote from: lxskllr on July 10, 2018, 01:45:09 PM
Never bought ketchup. If something tastes good with ketchup, it'll taste better with hot sauce.
Gasoline and a match will give you the same taste (pain) as hot sauce.  ::)

lxskllr

Quote from: Gary_C on July 10, 2018, 04:38:10 PM

Gasoline and a match will give you the same taste (pain) as hot sauce.  ::)
I have a couple that might out pain lit gasoline  ;^)  :^D

Dave Shepard

Dave's Insanity Sauce comes to mind. Hot sauce, floor wax stripper, and concrete degreaser, per the label.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sawguy21

Hot sauce needs it's own thread. ;D I don't eat a lot of ketchup but do like it on pan fried taters, french fries and hot dogs. The bottle in the fridge has probably been there since last summer. ::) I have seen it on eggs, waste of perfectly good eggs imho, and mac and cheese which I only eat if I'm really hungry and there is nothing else available.

hamish

PC-Presidents Choice Ketchup all main ingredients are sourced in Canada.
Primo Ketchup is 100% Canadian.........imagine the company is even Canadian Owned:-)
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

sawguy21

I am very selective with PC products, their ketchup doesn't go in the basket.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Gary_C

Does Tabasco have to be stored in Red Label Storage with sprinkler protection and shipped as hazardous material?

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I have toured the Tabasco facility a couple of times, and back in 1963 went down into the (now flooded) Morton Salt mine there at Avery Island.  Nothing to do with Ketchup but Tabasco is a South Louisiana treasure.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Novascotiamill

Tobasco goes great in a Ceaser nice and spicey on the lips but the clamato ice and vodka simmer it down!
Ketchup would not be a suitable substitute is this case. Oh yeah dont forget the celery makes it healthy
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

sprucebunny

Quote from: Gary_C on July 11, 2018, 12:00:47 PM
Does Tabasco have to be stored in Red Label Storage with sprinkler protection and shipped as hazardous material?
We had a gallon of Frank's Red Hot in a plastic container under the sink. I have no idea how it happened but the copper plumbing pipe got eaten up where it touched the plastic container  :o
Last bottle of ketchup I got was Hienz but I won't get it again cause it is way too sweet.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

IMERC

Ingredients

• 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled ground tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup water, divided
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

• 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
  • 1 whole clove
Directions

• Pour ground tomatoes into slow cooker. Swirl 1/4 cup water in each emptied can and pour into slow cooker. Add sugar, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, celery salt, mustard powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and whole clove; whisk to combine.
  • Cook on high, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half and very thick, 10 to 12 hours. Stir every hour or so.
  • Smooth the texture of the ketchup using an immersion blender, about 20 seconds.
  • Ladle the ketchup into a fine strainer and press mixture with the back of a ladle to strain out any skins and seeds.
  • Transfer the strained ketchup to a bowl. Cool completely before tasting to adjust salt, black pepper, or cayenne pepper.
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

DDW_OR

IMERC
is that your recipe for Ketchup
"let the machines do the work"

IMERC

not my concoction but that's the one I use..
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

IndianaJoe

Redgold is my choice for ketchup, because it is made right here in Indiana. Made with Indiana grown tomatos. Every one should be proud of there locally made products, no matter where you live!!!!!

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

lxskllr

Quote from: Texas Ranger on October 07, 2018, 02:54:45 PM
Curry Gewurz Ketchup Delikat
There's a German restaurant not terribly far from me, and I get the currywurst every time I go. That, and a liter of good beer  :^D
I wish currywurst would catch on more generally. It's a fantastic fast food.

MAF143

UMMMMMM, currywurst.  Haven't had that since I was in the Army in Augsburg, Germany.  I have lunch at a German club a lot, but they never have it.  I'll have to ask.  I asked about rouladen there and the next week it was the special.

food6 smiley_beertoast
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

Ianab

Quote from: Gary_C on July 11, 2018, 12:00:47 PM
Tabasco is pretty tame.  :D
We have home made "Danger Sauce" made with Ghost Chillies. That needs a Hazmat warning label ;D. 
There is hotter chillies out there now, but I'm just not going there.  :D  A nice tasty tomato / habanero sauce goes down well here. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

WDH

A customer brought me some carolina reaper Saturday.  After much deliberation, I threw them in the trash yesterday :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on October 08, 2018, 07:24:22 AMI threw them in the trash yesterday
You could be cited for illegal burning.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I might of treated some grits that way. Was not much deliberation on my part.  :) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MAF143

I made curry wurst last night.  got the recipe from the internet, it's mostly ketchup with some spices added...  It was every bit as good as I remembered it from Germany.  There are two left in the fridge for lunch today, but I'm thinking they will be gone in about five minutes from now.

musteat_1   food6
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

MAF143

Thank You Sponsors!