iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyon Show - Cambridge OH - October 5,6,7 2018

Started by shamusturbo, September 17, 2018, 11:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamusturbo

The great firewood shootout, amish fry-pies, and new/clean iron.

Who is planning on going? What are you most excited to see? How far are you coming from?

Any chance of a FF member meet up? I met OHlogger by chance a few years ago. Pretty cool meeting people you have interacted with over the forum.

For me, I love the firewood shootout and checking out new skidsteers and new processors. I am still disappointed with my processor brand not being represented, for whatever speculated reason. I would love to upgrade to a fancier Bell machine. Very nice product. Extremely nice sales people. Dreaming of a Woodmizer LT-15 Wide too...      I live exactly 2 hours away, 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh.  18 days away.......
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

Tam-i-am

Logrite has some free tickets. 

message me if you need a couple.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

ButchC

We are only 1 1/2 hours away and usually go on Saturday.  

As for your wood processor company not participating in the shootout. I figure you know this since you mentioned "speculated reason" but rumor has it that they were caught cheating in some manner at the shoot out, cant remember exactly when but several years ago ?? ,,,just what I heard from sources at the show.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

DbltreeBelgians

I'll be going on Friday. Looking to set in on a demo or class. Thinking I need a new LogRite cant hook if they will have any there. A fry pie sounds good too.
I'm roughly 3 hours away near Findlay.

Brent

Jack S

Wife and I plan on  getting their Thursday afternoon in our motor home and staying thru Sunday. Leaving from Mooresville NC.  Met a few members last year and hope to meet more this year  Jack

WV_hillbilly

I'll be there Saturday or Sunday depending on my work schedule .  This event is in my backyard only 35 minutes from my house . Most excited about seeing the Logrite Booth , Kevin and Tammi are great people and hosts for a meeting place of FF members. Hope to meet some new FF members and renew old friendships from previous years .

Hillbilly

Hillbilly

DR_Buck

Kitty and I are not going to make it this year.   We're busting butt to get the new addition done. Need to get insulation in and drywall up so we can finish hooking up the duct work for the geothermal heat pump.  As of now we have no heat and haven't had AC all summer.    Took both chimneys off the house when the new roof went on and gave away the oil furnace so there is no alternative.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

shamusturbo

Still working night shift so I rushed through on Friday afternoon. Its about 2 hours from home and an hour from work. I took a ton of pictures of the things that tickled me. It was a muddy mess, as usual. A coworker went Saturday and said it was hot and I saw on a youtube video that it rained pretty good one of the days too. 

Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

thecfarm

Run of the mill stuff that I have seen many times.
Until at the bottom.
That small splitter caught my eye. At first I thought it was a big wood processor.
Than that snow machine?
Yes,Wood Is Wonderful!!
Thanks for the pictures. ;D
Looking forward to the Maine one in Bangor in May.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

Late to the party as usual .I had been to the show several times at two different locations .Ran the Ohio championship hot saws once ,didn't do very well .Saw Rick H set a worlds record though.got pictures of it .
The most impressive thing I ever saw was a giant self feeding tree chipper made by Vermeer .That thing had a diesel engine that must have had enough power  to run a D9 Caterpillar .It literally ate a 30" oak log about 25 feet long and spit the whole mess in a 45 foot closed semi van trailer in just a few minutes .Wow . :o :o 

thecfarm

I go to the Bangor ME show. I forgot what kind of chipper,but there was a 1000hp motor on it. That I did not forget.  :o  That thing would make some noise. And chips.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!