iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor - 2018

Started by Ron Wenrich, February 28, 2018, 03:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Survivor - Ghost Island starts tonight.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

I cut the cable a couple months ago so this will be my first time having to watch it live with commercials in a long long time.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

btulloh

Looking forward to it.  

I can appreciate the cable cutting, but I don't think I could go back to watching commercials.  Good luck with that.
HM126

Roxie

Thanks for the heads up.  :)
Say when

WV Sawmiller

I'm going to try to watch from the start this time. Got in late on the last one but did get to see the finish. I hope this one is equally as interesting to follow.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Thanks Ron, I was wondering when it was going to start!

Just in time too!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Looks like there are going to be some serious twists so it will be "game on".   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I was kinda rooting for the the last kid that got bounced. I don't think we will miss that first girl atall

Kwill

Looks like a decent group of people this time. 
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

clearcut

Survivor is my test case for cutting the microwave beam. Only one criterion matters WWW Will Wife Watch.

I've been trying various streaming services and comparing them to Dish Network our current service. It's hard to beat an interface you know. Direct TV Now could not deliver, but they gave me a partial refund  and I keep the Apple TV 4 on promotion . We have enough iStuff to make that work. It replaced an Apple TV 3. 

We are trying YouTube TV they have Survivor, but it may have non-skippable commercials. You can supposedly yell "I want to watch Survivor in the living room" at Siri. We shall see. WWW. 

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Ron Wenrich

I've never had a cord to cut.  We added streaming through a Roku a couple of years ago, and it works pretty good.  I wanted it mainly for college football.  We have Sling, and it gives a good signal.  We also added Hulu, as they carry the Big Ten Network.  Sling delivers a better signal, and is cheaper.

We still watch regular broadcasts.  CBS is one that doesn't add many programs to Hulu.  They're trying to sell access to their programs through their own site.  I have found that there is usually a full episode on You Tube that you can watch for free.

Chuck White

Complete Blind-Side, first thing!   smiley_clapping   thumbs-up
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Cedarman

The greatest team ever assembled has crashed.  Proof is what happens next week.  So far, so fun.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

The Bull in the China Shop ends up in hamburger. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

I already have a favorite.  The phys ed teacher, Brendan.  When they lost the immunity challenge, he was the first to walk over and shake hands with the other team.  I'm a sucker for good sportsmanship.
Say when

Cedarman

Would someone like to explain to me what happened last night?  

Roxie

Morgan actually was responsible for sending for sending herself home.  

Four purple team and four orange team were now in that tribe.  The orange team decided they would vote Morgan, and all four struck to it.  The purple team decided to vote Libby, and three of them did, except Morgan, who wanted Angela out because she was loyal to Chris (who is out on Ghost Island).  So Morgan not following the plan, left only three votes for Libby, and the orange team victorious.  It should have come down to a rock draw to see who left, but thanks to Morgan not doing the math, she paid the price.

I am so enjoying this whole group of Survivors!  
Say when

Cedarman

Thank you, Roxie.  So that's the bad decision.

Roxie

Fatal.  Fatal decision.  She still didn't get it and was looking back like she'd been deceived.  :D

Outwit is the first rule of Survivor, but not yourself.  ::)
Say when

WDH

Usually, outwitting yourself is not a good approach.  That applies to Survivor and to Real Life :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Ya mean like the guy that joined the forum just to rant about a timberframe work shop and just got banned?  He outwitted himself too.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on March 09, 2018, 10:41:32 PM
Ya mean like the guy that joined the forum just to rant about a timberframe work shop and just got banned?  He outwitted himself too.
:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I was working and missed last week, but I see that the tension, uncertainty, and emotions are still keeping most of them on edge.  Some I don't even know why they are there to begin with.  smiley_headscratch
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

Pretty predictable last night.  Right one went home in my book.  Chris sure impressed with his pitching abilities in the reward challenge.  Did he ever miss?  Why did no one hunt for an idol?  At least they didn't show anyone hunting.

Magicman

I was on a job and missed the first 45 minutes of last night's episode.  :-\ 

DPatton

Quote from: Cedarman on March 22, 2018, 08:13:53 AM
  Chris sure impressed with his pitching abilities in the reward challenge.  Did he ever miss?  

Ditto on the throwing. That was an impressive display. The guy had a absolute rifle for an arm. I don't think he ever missed the target. 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

We are under a Tornado Warning so our TV will be showing weather and not Survivor.  :-\

Ron Wenrich

They're just showing a different version of Survivor.   ;)

Cedarman

MM, if your weather had as much drama as last night's survivor, you didn't have much weather.

WDH

A bit lame this year so far. 

Magicman

Our weather warning ended at 7:45 (no tornado) so we got to watch the "tribal".  We saw a tribe vote off one of it's stronger players so they will probably be back. 

WV Sawmiller

I thought it was time for Denise to go. I thought James was pretty decent guy. No wonder they kicked him off.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Since I missed all or most of the last two episodes I've missed some of the dramatics but I am still watching and enjoying.  I see some surprises on the horizon.

Cedarman

Two idols and a double vote coming into play can cause a lot of chaos.  Last night was a no brainer. 
Who can keep their mouth shut about having idols? Loose lips gets votes imho.

Raider Bill

Glad to see Chris gone.

Magicman

I am on the road sawing again and missed another episode.   :-\

WV Sawmiller

I will say the immunity challenge was pretty creative, very tough and I was very impressed by the way she won it especially with the wind blowing. I don't know who thinks these things up but they are pretty devious.
Howard Green

Chuck White

I just plain forgot that yesterday was Wednesday and therefore missed the show!  >:(

Ron Wenrich

I missed a couple of episodes and went to the CBS website and looked up Survivor.  I think they'll let you get 3 episodes for free.  I didn't pay anything for the 2 that I saw.  You'll still have to watch some advertisements.   :-\

Jeff

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on April 12, 2018, 02:37:10 PM
  I will say the immunity challenge was pretty creative, very tough and I was very impressed by the way she won it especially with the wind blowing. I don't know who thinks these things up but they are pretty devious.
That would be my dream job!

Roxie

Yes, devious is your middle name.  :D :D
Say when

Magicman

Devious   Diabolical   :D

Roxie

No!  Why Libby?  Why?  She didn't win challenges, or hunt for idols, or conspire to eliminate anyone.  She got along with everyone, and she was adorable.  Why? 
Say when

DPatton

:D :D  Wasn't it Morgan who said don't trust the pretty blond?

I would have been with Wendell on that eating challenge. No way I could have gotten any of that down.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

D & S Sawmill Services

Roxie

I can't even watch the eating challenges.  That is just too gross. 
Say when

Cedarman

I enjoy watching an idol well played.  What does a sea slug taste like?  I hope not to find out.
Libby didn't have a group to belong to.  No one needed her.

Jeff

Since Chris is gone, I don't have a clear "get rid of them" person in my mind. Most series, I know who I want to stay and who I want to go.

WDH

I hated to see Libby go. 

WV Sawmiller

I'm happy with tonight's vote. I figured Desi stirred up so much stuff folks were tired of her and it backfired. I thought they should have voted her off 3-4 episodes back when she messed up the puzzle completion for her team. I figure Michael is real happy but also figure his days are numbered.
Howard Green

Chuck White

I agree, she just got too mouthy, especially at Tribal!  ;D

Magicman

I was on the road and missed the past two weeks episodes, so I was happy to get to watch this one tonight.  I have no favorites left so I'll just watch and enjoy.  :)

WDH

She made her move way too early :).  Right now, my money is on Kellyn to win.

Magicman

Since I have missed at least three episodes I have no favorites or even expectations.  I am just watching and enjoying.  I see that paranoia is alive and well.  :)

WV Sawmiller

I forgot it was on till about 15 minutes after it went off. Next week does not look good either. Will be real different look by time I do see one.
Howard Green

Papa1stuff

It can be watched on CBS
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Cedarman

Donathan just saw his tenure shortened by one week by playing his idol.  Will he be the next to go?

DPatton

Although Donathan is not one of my favorites this season, I was sure glad to see he didn't fall victim to Jenna's evil plot. Serves her right to get voted out. 

D & S Sawmill Services

Jeff

Heartily agree with that!

Chuck White

Just four minutes till SHOWTIME!   popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

It's gotta be tough trying to figure out who you can trust and who you can/can't continue trusting.   ???  

Cedarman

Two good flippers could splash cold water on someone's survivor plans next week.  Watch two of the women dance.  Are they hearing the fat lady sing for them?

WDH

Dom turned out to be a better player than I first thought he would be.

Raider Bill

Donathan and Laurel kept their loyalties and promise.

Magicman

I guess that it is being edited in such a way that who knows what is happening behind the scenes.  Anyway, I am enjoying this series and I have no predictions or favorite.

WV Sawmiller

I was happy seeing Laurel stay in. She seems pretty decent and a good player. I am surprised Donathon has survived this long but I think he almost blew it this time. I believe everybody thought he was no threat before so never worried about him. I thought Wendel was very classy about losing the immunity even though he finished first. Both he and Laurel are to be commended for the way they handled that I think. Hated to see Kelyn (?) go. I thought she was pretty classy - I'd have booted Dom off instead. 
Howard Green

Roxie

Quote from: WDH on May 10, 2018, 06:54:41 AM
Dom turned out to be a better player than I first thought he would be.
When Donathan told Wendel that he would vote for Dom when he was in the jury, he was saying what I've been thinking for weeks now.  Dom has had a consistent game and been on top in his tribe from day one.  Every player left is and has been riding his coattails.  Why haven't they gone after him?  They acted like it would be a bold move to vote Wendel out?  Why not Dom?  He didn't have immunity and Donathan was the only one brave and contrary enough to write Dom's name in the tribal council vote. 
Desiree attempted a mutiny weeks ago and ended up on the jury.  I look for Donathan to be joining her before the women left get the boot.  This season is putting me to sleep it's been so boring and predictable. 
Say when

Ron Wenrich

I believe both Wendel and Dom both have immunity idols.  

Next week should be interesting.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on May 17, 2018, 11:35:17 AM
I believe both Wendel and Dom both have immunity idols.  

Next week should be interesting.
And Donathan too I think.

Magicman

I guess that we will have a 2 hour finale this coming Wednesday the 23rd.

WV Sawmiller

Wow! What a finish. I was actually rooting for Laurel. I was impressed when Dom discussed giving up the final immunity idol and trying to knock out Wendal in the fire making and would love to have seen him do that but he wimped out and it cost him. Great finish.
Howard Green

Chuck White

I kinda thought that Dom had it in the bag, what a surprise when Wendell got it, and Laurel didn't get any votes!

Cedarman

A very well played game.  I remember Wendell graciously conceding an immunity challenge to Laurel when he didn't holler for Jeff.  I remember at the time thinking this could be important and it was.
An enjoyable evening.

WDH

I guess Dom did not think about the possibility of a tie.  If he had brought Angela, she would have voted for him in the event of a tie.  But, then again, there would not have been a tie had Laurel been on the jury and voted for Wendell as a jurist.  A very interesting ending.

Magicman

I missed the first half but wow, what an ending.  I had no favorite but it was a very good series.

Raider Bill

I was hoping for Laurel but felt Wendall would win.

Jeff

I was impressed with how this season's contestants conducted themselves. Especially after tribals. For the most part, very good sports.

WDH

Yes, quite a bit of class.

Thank You Sponsors!