iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor - 2018

Started by Ron Wenrich, February 28, 2018, 03:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Survivor - Ghost Island starts tonight.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

I cut the cable a couple months ago so this will be my first time having to watch it live with commercials in a long long time.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

btulloh

Looking forward to it.  

I can appreciate the cable cutting, but I don't think I could go back to watching commercials.  Good luck with that.
HM126

Roxie

Thanks for the heads up.  :)
Say when

WV Sawmiller

I'm going to try to watch from the start this time. Got in late on the last one but did get to see the finish. I hope this one is equally as interesting to follow.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Thanks Ron, I was wondering when it was going to start!

Just in time too!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Looks like there are going to be some serious twists so it will be "game on".   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I was kinda rooting for the the last kid that got bounced. I don't think we will miss that first girl atall

Kwill

Looks like a decent group of people this time. 
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

clearcut

Survivor is my test case for cutting the microwave beam. Only one criterion matters WWW Will Wife Watch.

I've been trying various streaming services and comparing them to Dish Network our current service. It's hard to beat an interface you know. Direct TV Now could not deliver, but they gave me a partial refund  and I keep the Apple TV 4 on promotion . We have enough iStuff to make that work. It replaced an Apple TV 3. 

We are trying YouTube TV they have Survivor, but it may have non-skippable commercials. You can supposedly yell "I want to watch Survivor in the living room" at Siri. We shall see. WWW. 

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Ron Wenrich

I've never had a cord to cut.  We added streaming through a Roku a couple of years ago, and it works pretty good.  I wanted it mainly for college football.  We have Sling, and it gives a good signal.  We also added Hulu, as they carry the Big Ten Network.  Sling delivers a better signal, and is cheaper.

We still watch regular broadcasts.  CBS is one that doesn't add many programs to Hulu.  They're trying to sell access to their programs through their own site.  I have found that there is usually a full episode on You Tube that you can watch for free.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Chuck White

Complete Blind-Side, first thing!   smiley_clapping   thumbs-up
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Cedarman

The greatest team ever assembled has crashed.  Proof is what happens next week.  So far, so fun.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

The Bull in the China Shop ends up in hamburger. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

I already have a favorite.  The phys ed teacher, Brendan.  When they lost the immunity challenge, he was the first to walk over and shake hands with the other team.  I'm a sucker for good sportsmanship.
Say when

Cedarman

Would someone like to explain to me what happened last night?  

Roxie

Morgan actually was responsible for sending for sending herself home.  

Four purple team and four orange team were now in that tribe.  The orange team decided they would vote Morgan, and all four struck to it.  The purple team decided to vote Libby, and three of them did, except Morgan, who wanted Angela out because she was loyal to Chris (who is out on Ghost Island).  So Morgan not following the plan, left only three votes for Libby, and the orange team victorious.  It should have come down to a rock draw to see who left, but thanks to Morgan not doing the math, she paid the price.

I am so enjoying this whole group of Survivors!  
Say when

Cedarman

Thank you, Roxie.  So that's the bad decision.

Roxie

Fatal.  Fatal decision.  She still didn't get it and was looking back like she'd been deceived.  :D

Outwit is the first rule of Survivor, but not yourself.  ::)
Say when

WDH

Usually, outwitting yourself is not a good approach.  That applies to Survivor and to Real Life :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Ya mean like the guy that joined the forum just to rant about a timberframe work shop and just got banned?  He outwitted himself too.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on March 09, 2018, 10:41:32 PM
Ya mean like the guy that joined the forum just to rant about a timberframe work shop and just got banned?  He outwitted himself too.
:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I was working and missed last week, but I see that the tension, uncertainty, and emotions are still keeping most of them on edge.  Some I don't even know why they are there to begin with.  smiley_headscratch
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

Pretty predictable last night.  Right one went home in my book.  Chris sure impressed with his pitching abilities in the reward challenge.  Did he ever miss?  Why did no one hunt for an idol?  At least they didn't show anyone hunting.

Thank You Sponsors!