iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pics of hydraulic clamps and log turner

Started by ozarkgem, March 03, 2015, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

Here is how I did my clamps and log turner. I will someday make a compound on the clamps but these work good.  The turner has a spring on it so it will give as the log turns and I don't have to be dead on when moving the Y and Z axis  and the same time on the turner. Works pretty slick. May not be a fast as a chain turner but its close and much simpler to build. I will get a video when my daughter comes up again.

the stroke on the clamps are 9" (what I had) and the turner is 12" stroke. they both seem to be about right.
Here is the hydraulic plumbing nightmare. It came from the factory with 2 valves.

here is the spring that allows the turner so leeway to move with the log. Sorry for not having the description with the pics. I have not figured that out yet.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

hunz

Pretty slick! I look forward to seeing a video of it in action.
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

EZ

drobertson

Heck of a build there,  looks like some good fab work,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Looks like you did some innovative fabricating.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ozarkgem

Thanks guys. Just realized I need to get some shorter bolts the next time I am in town.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Nice job. I would like to see a video of the turner operating. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

ozarkgem

Quote from: Magicman on March 05, 2015, 04:10:15 PM
I just whack um off.   ;D
then I would have to make a trip to town for longer bolts on the next project. :D

Thank You Sponsors!