iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

used 066

Started by David_c, September 28, 2003, 05:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_c

hey guys i was at my stihl dealer yesterday to get a bar got to talking about saw prices he was telling me there prices will be going up significantly. well i wanted to see what he was getting for the 066 which he did'nt have becuase of the hurricane well anyway he said he was going to have a used one in shortly one of his regulars was going to get a new one before prices went up. 400 bucks guy uses it on landing for bucking logs what do you folks think good deal or what. if so what should i check suggestion greatly appreciated.

jokers

Hi David
Your question is a little hard to answer because you haven`t provided us with any info about the condition or age of the saw.

The price increase on the 660 is less than 5% of retail, which is substantial, but not like it takes a formerly affordable saw and makes it unaffordable.

Russ

David_c

Hi Jokers it supposedly is'nt very old but from what i gather  this guy just wants to buy a new one before the price increase it was'nt at the shop but it will be soon. but it is supossed to be in good shape i just thought i would ask for what i should check and if it is in good shape good deal or not. has 24" bar. beyond that i dont know much.

Oregon_Rob

I know many of the loggers in my area, but saws before the old one is warn out. I got my 372 that way and have been using it with very few problems. only minor stuff like recoil ropes...
I think I gave $250 for it.
If you know any local guys, you might have them put the word out. Might save you $100.
Chainsaw Nerd

David_c

thanks rob but dont know anybody in area. plus dealer is letting me pay over time.

Gus

Take a good look at the mounts. Bucking on the landing can be hard on them. Pinching  ya' know. :-/ At least it hasn't been packed on a skidder much, that's hard on cases.
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

David_c

thanks Gus i'll make sure i look at those. anything else i should whatch out for.

Kevin

If you can get the muffler off you can take a peek at the piston.

David_c

Thank You Sponsors!