iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spending time in the shop...

Started by isawlogs, March 06, 2013, 07:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

... making little things from nothing.  :)

Sprucebunny found this horse shoe when she came for a visite, we sawed some Butternut and also a few Ash logs. After the sawing I showed her an old rock foundation where once was a building. Well she knew I had a metal detector and off she was on a mission.

Lucky horse shoe plaque.   Never let your luck run out.  :)

Another little nothing put together with some limbs from the stove wood mission. Frame is Butternut sawed with Joan.

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

I love the coat rack  8) You are so creative with little branches !
Butternut is very pretty.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WDH

I love the coat rack, too. Up there in the frozen glaciated North, one needs a lot of racks coats  :)  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Quote from: WDH on March 06, 2013, 09:25:32 PM
I love the coat rack, too. Up there in the frozen glaciated North, one needs a lot of racks coats  :)  ;D.

..... Stanfields, wool blankets, scarves.....  :D

Nice butternut wood Marcel. Do you have many butternut on your land? If so I was wondering if you noticed the trees producing many nuts. Mine seem to get a shoot moth of some type. :(

I made a frame out of butternut years ago for over the spot I throw wood in the cellar. Nailed some salvaged steel roofing on top.  It's lasted 16 years so far. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Lud

Good craft.  Glad to see the shoe oriented to keep the luck in.

Marcel,  I'm assuming you're keeping the nice rack since SB already has one?? ;D ;D :D :D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

isawlogs

Bill, there was a lot of butternut here, but the blite(what ever it is ) has killed most of them, those not dead have many limbs falling and only a matter of time before they are caputte. I am trying to get as many as I can, saw them up before they are no good to use. Some don't have a straight enough peice to tehm to make any kind of log, then ya get those that are really to small to bother with. This one here that I am using was a nice log standing, but like many things , once opened up, was not all that great to look at, internal rot, bark inclusions...
  There are a few left on the edge of the fields that seam to be doing better then those in the forest, they had a real good crop summer before last. I have a few elms here also on the edge of the fields that have resisted so far.

Lud, I aim to keep as much luck in that shoe as possible, Would you like to have one, ya might be needing of said shoe once the "rack" comes on.  ;) ;D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Thanks Marcel, didn't know you had the blight that bad. Still seem healthy around here. Out on the old farm though, they got iced up bad a few years ago. I saw a lot of big limbs broke off. That's the first time I seen ice hit them before and we do get ice in the trees sometimes. But these where kind of open on two sides from fields, so they get long limbs.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!