iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

6 foot Pine Log Bench

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 26, 2014, 04:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I built this Bench basically the same way I built my Pine Power Flower Box. Built from 1 log.
It's 6 foot wide and seats 2 people comfortably.

I took a Pine Cone and split it.....glued each half on the front of each flower box just for a little decor. I chose not to put potting soil in the flower boxes but rather potted plants.
I have a customer coming to look at it for a Fire Pit bench and he wants to use the flower boxes to fill with ice and use as a cooler for his "Cold Beer".

I will be adding a log Coffee Table to match.

I sanded the whole bench and water sealed it.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

A nice bench and a nice place for a bench.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Come visit and I'll give it to ya.  :D

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

clww

You are the Bench Whisperer! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

You've out did yourself this time, David.  8)

I need one for my firepit too. But, I'd either have to park a fork truck next to it or mount some wheels under it for when the smoke gets swirling.  fire_smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

GAB

POSTONLT40HD:
If rAY goes to your place make sure and have plenty of gRITS available for him.
We also need pictures.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

thecfarm

HE may have plenty of for himself. I will keep the car locked and when I hit the Maine Border I will get the dogs out and use those long handled mirrors on the underneath of my car. TRUST NO ONE. I let my guard down once, and look what happened.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Laying all seriousness joking aside, that is very innovative David. I really like it.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JohnM

P, do you have a special jig for clamping the pine cone to the WM? ??? :P   ;)  Nicely done (again). :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: JohnM on April 26, 2014, 10:31:17 PM
P, do you have a special jig for clamping the pine cone to the WM? ??? :P   ;)  Nicely done (again). :)

Yes I do....its a stick.  :D I just put Gorilla glue on the back of the Pine Cone, press it in place and let the weight of a stick leaning against it hold it in place. In 30 minutes, remove the stick.  :)

WDH

Nobody ever said that you did not have a warped creative mind.  That is a very unique bench, creative as you have a penchant for, and a very cozy looking bench for the amorously inclined, complete with wine and a privacy screen. 

Simply outstanding.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

justallan1

Very nice. I may just be borrowing that idea. ;D

Allan

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I appreciate all the compliments......but we all know Pine doesn't last long outside. But what the heck.....I can build another one in 2 hours.  :D That's really where all the fun comes from...right?
Praise the Lord for Band Mills.  smiley_thumbsup

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: justallan1 on April 26, 2014, 11:43:42 PM
Very nice. I may just be borrowing that idea. ;D

Allan

I looked on the internet for this design, and found nothing. You can actually get more $$$ for this amount of wood vs. the same amount in lumber.
Go for it Allan.  smiley_thumbsup

WDH

It would take me at least a whole day to do something like that.   You are Speedy Gonzales very fast.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 26, 2014, 11:51:09 PM
It would take me at least a whole day to do something like that.   You are Speedy Gonzales very fast.

Once you do 1 .....then you got....unless the 6 foot log rolls between the bed rails.  taz-smiley

WDH

Did you use a chainsaw to make the vertical cuts?

giant splinter

David,
Great job on that bench, looks like someone already took a swig of the wine even before your wife got out there.
roll with it

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 27, 2014, 12:04:21 AM
smiley_gorgeous

smiley_love

fire_smiley

I likes a man who knows his benches.  :D

Yes Danny.....I chainsawed a vertical cut where needed. Then notched out enough for the saw blade to be lowered in to the log. You can actually saw some very nice 1 inch boards out of the middle before you get down to where you need to stop.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: giant splinter on April 27, 2014, 12:00:30 AM
David,
......... looks like someone already took a swig of the wine even before your wife got out there.

I used it for cooking.  ::)

giant splinter

did you put it in the tomato bisque? good job materhead
roll with it

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Shhhhhhhhh!  :D

That little bit of Wine is what caused the Forestry Forum Dancers to go public.  :D :D :D

giant splinter

I could use some to stay warm tonight, weatherman says its going to snow tonight here, I sure like the look of that bench and the flowers set the log off nice David.
roll with it

Thank You Sponsors!