iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can you guess what these are for?

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, January 22, 2003, 08:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I found this pair of plyers in Dad's basement.

I am almost positive I know what they are for, and I'll tell you tomorrow if you havent already guessed it. ;)

Here's another view,

Hint, I posted it here because that is what it is for.

No, I don't have a hat to give to the winner, just prase and admiration. ;D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

cut2size

Looks like a sawset for a handsaw to me.
David
cut2size

Mark M

Can you open them up and show us the business end?

johncinquo

I would hazard to guess it is a tooth setter as well.  I have a couple pairs of varying sizes and types.  Along with this you need a heighth/depth gauge to file off the tops to the same.  Yo go one sied all the way down, turn the saw around and then do the other.  If that is what it is!  JB
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Weekend_Sawyer

Well that was easier than I thought.

This is Dad's saw and he said the tooth set plyers came with it. The saw is a Disston model DD-100 3.5 Hp. and the engine is made by Mercury. The plyers are also made by Disston.

I don't intend to get it running again, even though Dad says "it ran when I parked it" I'm just going to clean it up and hang it in the rafters.

ADfields

I would dump a good bit of oil down the carb and pull the starter till oil comes out the exoust so it wont rust inside on you, my Dad caled that "pickleing" a motor for storage.   Then cleen it and hang it like you say.
Andy

Weekend_Sawyer

johncinquo

I was close, but not exact.  I would assume it was for a hand powered saw, like a big buck saw and not a power saw.  Glad to see you are going to keep it up nice and not junk it out.  I am a little nostalgic, but I have to have it running to be completely happy.  It does not have to cut wood, just run so I know it is still "alive".  Course my garage looks like Ft Lauderdale, there all alive, but you would think they are dead from looking at them!  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

redpowerd

runnin that saw looks like a good cure for carpal tunnel :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Thank You Sponsors!