iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jelly Beans!!!

Started by thecfarm, February 18, 2014, 06:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Easter is near. The stores have Jelly Beans again. I like Jelly Beans. This is the only time of year I get them. I'm cheap and just pay $1 for a 12 ounce bag. I always stock up,but still run out before next Easter. I don't like the spice ones,just the plain Old Jelly Bean. I only buy one bag,than when I get out in the car,I am into the bag, than If I like them,back in I go for more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ronald Reagan liked Jelly Beans.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

21incher

Try the Jelly Belly brand. They all have a different flavor even though they are just sugar. I wonder if the southern boys put them on Grits?
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Dave Shepard

Jelly beans to grits in three posts, and in thecfarms own thread. :D I like jelly beans. There was a store here that carried some really good ones in a little bag. When I would leave work sometimes I'd stop and get some, then go to a friends shop and we'd sit around the wood stove and gobble them up. Some aren't as good as others. I'd like to find a source for just the licorice ones. food6
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Alcranb

Chutters in Littleton, NH
Candy Mecca. If they don't have it, it isn't made  :) and you can get individual flavored beans but no grit flavor at last check ahhhh  ::)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

thecfarm

I have seen the Jelly Bean brand. And just like all the others kinds mentioned,you are not buying a 12 oz bag for a buck. I'm the last of the big spenders. I can eat a 12 oz bag in a night easy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

Doesn't that violate your meat and cheese only diet? :D They are a bean, after all. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

You forgot bread.  ;D   Candy is my weakness, big weakness. I just love finding those chocolate filled candy,75% off after Christmas. I try to find them each year, Just have to be at the right place,at the right time.

goose63

I like the black jelly beans thems the best 8) 8) 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

clearcut

The Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield CA offers tours and free samples. We try to stop in on the way to visit the in-laws. I have the kids trained to pick out the Licorice beans for me.

You can go online or in the retail stores to buy single flavors. Not cheap though. Usually on sale after Easter.

Belly Flops (rejects) are the best value for random flavors.

Carbon sequestered upon request.

Dodgy Loner

Mmmm...I love jelly beans. Starburst jelly beans are my favorite, but I'm really not picky. Jelly Bellys tick me off, because I have to pick through and make sure I don't accidentally eat a butter popcorn. Bleck.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

21incher

Quote from: thecfarm on February 18, 2014, 08:19:33 PM
I have seen the Jelly Bean brand. And just like all the others kinds mentioned,you are not buying a 12 oz bag for a buck. I'm the last of the big spenders. I can eat a 12 oz bag in a night easy.
Watch that blood sugar. My dad started getting cravings for sugar like that and turned out he was a diabetic.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Raider Bill

Last jelly bean I ate I pulled out a filling and ended up costing me about $300.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

I like Jelly Beans and Red Fish. ;D

thecfarm

21inches,I've been checked. I've been like this for more than 30 years. No help for me.  ;D

Chuck White

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 18, 2014, 06:38:56 PM
Ronald Reagan liked Jelly Beans.

Yes he did, and as I understand it, he always had a jar of jelly beans within reach!

However, he specifically ate "Jelly Belly" brand jelly beans!

He would receive regular shipments of Jelly Belly beans from California on a regular basis!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

Right next to your jelly beans at the counter are my personal favorites, marshmallow peeps.  I buy them and use a pencil to poke a hole in the package, and wait until they start to get hardened.  Heaven!   :)

Say when

Texas Ranger

Has nothing to do about jellybeans, other than the name.  I used to hunt birds with an old northwest, near the Panhandle, Texas cotten farmer, and his son.  The old man is gone now, but have a weekly glass of spring water with his son, a retired LEO.  The old man had some distain for "citified" hunters with their thousand dollar shotguns, 4 wheel drive pickups that only left the road if they missed a turn, and their Bean hunting cloths.  You see, the old man had an 870, a 48-11, and a deer rifle.  His hunting cloths were what he farmed in, wore out, washed to almost white, and "cowboy" boots.  He was polite to the city folks, as Texas farmers tend to be, but off with the town folks, they were "jelly beans".  He never gave me a definition for it, but I suspect in his mind, they were probably about as important to him as a handfull of jelly beans.

I have his 48-11 in the closet, take it out every now and then and think of the hunts, and the old man.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chuck White

I like them like that too, Roxie!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!