iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sleeping with my Lumber

Started by Magicman, September 16, 2012, 04:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

During my last road trip sawjob, I stayed with one of my previous customers.  He had just finished a bedroom using lumber that I sawed for him in March, so I slept with my lumber.   ;)

This is the Water Oak that provided the lumber for the wainscot.

It was all slabbed 1" and leaving as much live edge as possible.

Reverse B&B was used and the boards were carefully selected.

Even the door facings were live edged.

This provided a very interesting twist for using junk lumber.   ;)

Dovetailed beams using Pecan.

Pecan counter top.

His bench.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

You know MM It;s allways interesting to see what people think is beautiful :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

And I guess that I should really apologize for making the above comment about a "twist for using junk lumber".

Sure, I have seen much better stuff go into the slab pile, but it is obvious that some stuff that goes into slab piles is usable in someone elses eyes.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Okrafarmer

Very nice. I've been thinking about wainscoting my hall.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

hackberry jake

Wdh always says that mm "saws em an leaves em". At least he went back to visit this particular lumber.  ;D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

is he worried about insects?   I guess i'm too much of a square to appreciate live edges
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Dan_Shade on September 17, 2012, 07:21:07 AM
is he worried about insects?   I guess i'm too much of a square to appreciate live edges

There's chemicals for that!  :D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!