iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HAPPY EASTER ...that means FOOD! What y'all eatin' in your neck of the woods?

Started by Paschale, March 23, 2005, 05:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchopper

I will dig out the recipe....translate it if necessary ( it was written in Texan) hahahha  will post in a day or so....  :o
We don't get older -  we just get better!

Weekend_Sawyer

Heay DanG, I missed your request for tomoto gravy the other day, but here it is now.

Melt some butter in a cast iron skillet.
sprinkle in flour and stir, now you have a rue, bet you knew that!
drop in a hand full of chopped onions.
keep stirring.
pour in a quart of canned tomatos stir some more.
Salt and pepper to taste, keep stirring until it thickens.
Serve over rice.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

DanG

Thanks, Jon!  Sound's simple enough.  Everything's hard if ya don't know where ta start, eh?  It's all straight-forward except that last bit. I'll have mine over grits, thank you! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tnlogger

Now i never tried that  but tomatoe gravy sure is good on dem bisquits  8)
gene

DanG

Where there's grits, there's biscuits, tnlogger. I thought that went without saying. ???

:D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tnlogger

right you are must be having one of dem senior moments right now  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
gene

DanG

Didn't we say something about "greens" on this thread?  Well, here's my Mama pickin' some Mustard greens just yesterday.  I had some of these beauties for supper tonite! ;D

She don't look so bad for 83, does she? :) :) :)

Tom

Roxie

You're Mom looks great, and so do those Mustard Greens!   :)  I haven't had greens in about 15 years!  Ya made me miss them.  I like to sprinkle vinegar on mine.   :)
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!