iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logging in the woods

Started by redneck logger, August 07, 2008, 10:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneck logger

i every one i am new here  and i just wanted to tell every one that i love working in the woods and tommrow me and my cousin are going to be winching wood with this tractor and it is werey cool to wactch.
got to love working in the woods

thecfarm

redneck logger,welcome to the forum.I see you are 13 years old.What kind of wood are you cutting?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

Welcome to the forum, Redneck Logger!  I'm happy to see some young guys that are interested in something besides computers!  There may be hope for this ol' world, after all! 8) 8) 8)

Y'all be careful out there tomorrow.  At the risk of sounding like an old woman, I'll give you a couple of tips to help keep ya alive:

1.  Things can go bad a lot faster than you think.

2.  You ain't as fast as you think you are. (note:  This is true of young people.  When you get older, like past 60, and a tree gets after you, you might find out you can run faster than you thought. :D)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

timberfaller390

Welcome to the forum. this is a great place for us younger guys to learn. does your tractor have a logging winch? I skid with my tractor and it works great but just remember to go slow because they can turn over or flip backwards if you hang a log on a root or somthing in a hurry
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

redneck logger

my cousin is the local fire wood suppler in  our commuty so it will be hard wood and soft wood. and yesit is very dangruis so i take pre cautions and when im older i hope to have my own business.yes it does have a winch

beenthere

Welcome to the forum.
Are you going to get us some pics.....we like pics.  :) :)

Some of you logging in the woods would be great.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kobelcosk35

hey redneck logger im new here to im 16 and do my own fire wood and stuff here in ny.... yea id love to see some pics

thecfarm

Another new member,that is still in school.Welcome to the forum kobelcosk35.Just to get you guys going here's my tractor and winch.

I need to take some better pictures of the winch.This is a Ford 2120,40hp with a Norse winch.
Just so you two will know,go up to "help" on the top of the page and find the posting pictures thread.Looks like alot at first,but after you do it a few times it is easy.We all will help you if you get stuck.
Go to this thread here, https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html  and post your pictures here too.Lots of equipment to look at.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maineloggerkid

Welcome to the forums. Im running my own bussiness right now. Just look around here at all the young people that run their own show, we are proof it can be done.  Stay safe.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

timberfaller390

yes it can be done if you want to put the blood sweat and tears into it. and if you can keep your skidder running  ;D Ain't that right maine :D just kidding I'm really sorry your machine is giving you so many problems
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Maineloggerkid

She's running like new now ;D  Hauled a load of wood out today.

beenthere

That is good to hear.

Now, where are the pics??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Maineloggerkid

Working on it. It hasn't stoppped raining long enough to take the digital camera out. hopefully I can get something by this weekend, after I get the whole upload thing figured- Im technilogicaly impaired.

timberfaller390

Glad to hear it and I'm with beenthere, you gotta post some pics of that poppin' john and I know what you mean about technically impaired
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

beenthere

Ok you young'uns.  ;D ;D

If you can get on the forum, you can post pics....(and I'd be willing to bet you can set the digital clock in the CD player too  :) ;) ;) )

Now, no more flimsy excuses like this technology impairment... :)
(leave 'em for the old folks).
south central Wisconsin

SwampDonkey

I'm surprised you young fellers haven't got your own YouTube accounts or Myspace for your logging videos. ;D Not that I could view them, I'm still in the dark ages on a dial-up modem. Good thing the modems are part of the hardware of modern computers now. I doubt I could buy a stand alone one off the shelf now-a-days. But I do have one on standby gathering dust. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Now wait just a cottonpickin' minute! >:(  We finally get a handful of young men that would rather get grease under their fingernails than pound on a keyboard, and you old farts are tryin' to corrupt them!  I don't need to see no pics(unless they just happen to show up ;D), I just need to hear how these young fellers are getting on in the woods, and how they are meeting the challenges of a logger's life.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

Now wait a minute, there has been one picture that has me confused...

What is that white stuff I see?  :o  The only time I have seen anything like that for a long time was in a freezer that needed to be defrosted...

Oh, welcome youngsters!
So, how did I end up here anyway?

kobelcosk35

yea thanks for the welcomes guys i myself mostly do fire wood for now couse im just getting my permit and cant totally drive yet so its hard to get in to the woods but i do have a hand me down john deere 440a ....... for my fire wood it works out pretty well couse my dad does excavation and when he clears a lot the wood is like a by product so i cut and split it and the resell 

redneck logger

yes and thanks kobelcosk35 for saying that you are glad that us youngsters are not stuck to the computer all day but we are getting us to the lige style of a logger. 8)

redneck logger

well today i wokeup at 7:30 and we did not winch to wet so we cut a load of fire wood mixed with kee wood and took it home and then we let for home

kobelcosk35

yea its pretty kool workin with logs and doin fire wood ...right now i got a nice homemade splitter

timberfaller390

Beenthere here's your pics

Me standing on a 4'9" oak

My log truck with recently added flat bed since I'm handling lumber now too

My grandpaw the day I brought my mill home

Another pic of the big oak. The wild part is we know this tree is no more than 60 years old
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

kobelcosk35

holy crap what u got for machines to move that big oak .... and nice mill there

timberfaller390

I didn't have to move it. My cousin lives there and the tree blew over across the road and the city road department didn't have a saw big enough to cut it up so they called me to cut it up into manageable pieces for them so they could get it off the road. But even cut up it was still a hoss. The cookie I cut in the bottom pic was about two foot thick and I couldn't flip it over. It is going to be a table top.
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Thank You Sponsors!