iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HELLO TO ALL FROM A NEW SAWDUST ADDICT!!!

Started by KDEC19, December 24, 2003, 03:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDEC19

Hello my name is Keith and I have finally been able to post a message.  I have to keep this short due to Christmas eve and all.  Just wanted to say hi and happy to begin this journey in bandsawing.  The quick of it is that I have wanted to saw for about ten years.  Finally making the leap and getting basic woodmizer hd4ohydrolic.  Not to basic I know!!  My father and I will be starting a milling bussiness this spring.  Machine on order and will be ready to mill late feb!!  We are very excited.  I will better introduce my self at a later date.  But this is a start.  I have really enjoyed the forum for the last month or so.  Very nicely done.  Thanks and merry christmas to all.
gonna do it again......

Jeff

Hey Keith, glad to see you made it. The AOL gods must be smiling on the forum. At least for the moment.

Welcome. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

welcome to the forestryforum, Keith.  What a Christmas present! :)

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bro. Noble

Welcome Keith,

I have a childhood friend who lives in your town.  He's an engineer with Pratt and Whitney.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

EZ

Welcome to the greatest show on earth, Keith.
EZ

Neil_B

Welcome Keith,
If you need any questions answered this is the place to be  8).

Merry Christmas!
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

Ed_K

Ed K

WoodChucker

Welcome to the forum Keith, so when are we going to see your new mill? :)

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

chet

Welcome Keith. If ya got any chores ta do, ya better get um done before da new mill shows up.   ;D  Udderwize dey ain't gonna get done.   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

kentuckyboy

ronwood

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your mill. I bought a LT40 last Feb. and went up to Indy to get it.  8)
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bigdogpc

WELCOME!!!!!  You've just jumped into a wealth of sawmilling knowledge that is freely exchanged.  This is a really great place to be if u b sawin!

Good luck with yur mill!

Tobacco Plug

Keith,
Welcome to the Forum!  That sawmill with simuletaneously be the best thing you''ve ever worked with and the most aggravating.  But,  for me at least, it is the coolest thing I have ever owned.
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

Fla._Deadheader

Glad yer here, Keith. Keep us updated on yer progress. ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Stump Jumper

Welcome Keith.  I can see the excitement in your post. 8) 8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

AtLast

Welcome to the FF!!!!.....youll be hard pressed to find a better group and place to learn and shoot the poop.....Merry Christmas from Michigan

dan-l-b

Welcome Keith, lots of knowledge, good folks and good cheer here 8) 8)

Dugsaws

Welcome to the forum, Keith

Not much else can be said about this place, because it is the best place on the net, and congratulations on the new mill
keep us posted on your progress
Doug

DanG

Welcome, Keith! :)  We'll be looking forward to your questions and comments. We all learn from them. Good luck with your new venture!  You're in for a real interesting time.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Duane_Moore

:DWelcom,  Keith,  Boy ya picked a good one, watch this bunch, I'm the only good one ;D ;D ;D ;D
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

VA-Sawyer

Welcome, Keith

This group seems pretty nice to everybody, except some poor fella name of Noble. Him they pick on in a most terrible way.  ::)    Better him than me, I guess.  ;D

The biggest problem is how addictive the sawdust can be. Unlike drugs, you can get hooked to sawdust just as an onlooker. Was sawing Red Oak boards yesterday 4/4 X 22" X 8 1/2 ft. Almost 1/2 of them were clear wood. The customer and I spent more time admiring the wood, than we spent stacking it. Today he had me walking around his property looking at more logs he wants to saw. ( Yea, he's hooked real bad)  ;D

RIck
VA-Sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!