iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Just a light cold mist here to, doesn't look like any water to it at all. Ground is dry.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Another night in the 30s and day barely in the 50's with rain. Not complaining about the rain but the temps could surely warm up anytime.

No weather for hay UP here yet but also not enough grass to be worth cutting. 

SwampDonkey

Woods was all day drying out from an over night heavy shower. Nice to have a change of clothes for the drive home. The yard around the house build is dry as powder.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Rained a few times,heavy mist a few times. Did not amount to much. But it does keep the dust down on the dirt road.
Heat is still on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Now that the taters are up, I killed two potato beetles on the same plant tonight. ;D

thecfarm

Heat is off. Maybe off until Sept?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Was muggy this morning but cooling down now with NW wind blowing. ;D

thecfarm

Yep,rain one day and the wind is a blowing the next. I am at work and the restaurant next door trash can is rolling around.

SwampDonkey

Once the clouds cleared the wind was nice to have, the temps climbed into the lower 70's. Moving a hoe across the garden brought water down my face. :D The garden is all in now, now for some rain.

SwampDonkey

Well, it is just after noon here and I'd say 51F is on the cool side with a north wind. ;D :)

thecfarm

Just saw the news. The North might get a frost.

chevytaHOE5674

Been a weird stretch UP here one day it's 80 then the wind will switch off the lake and it will drop 30 to 40 degrees within minutes, then it will be cool for a day then back to warm. Roller coaster ride of temps that's for sure.

I don't like 85° high temps in June but I also don't like 42° high temps all in a 2 day time span. Ha

lxskllr

Rain, Rain, Rain. That's all it's been doing for a month now. The puddles barely drain before it rains again and fills them up. I'm not terribly against rain, but it's making the grass grow like gangbusters, and I'm HIGHLY against grass.

Weather's gotten weird around here. Spring stays cooler longer, which I like, but summer lingers waaaay longer than it used to, and the winters are warmer, which I hate. Everything's moderated, but trending warmer overall. I got frostbite a couple times when I first started working outside, and I remember watching the forecast, and looking forward to the temps getting above freezing. I seldom wear a heavy jacket anymore. We might get a week of temps in the 20s, but it's usually above freezing, and many times, something ridiculous like the 50s.

SwampDonkey

No frost here, been down to 40F for a low by morning. The last frost close by here was back in the end of May. No rain neither and don't look like none Thursday except spotty showers. Bone dry.

Summers hang on unusually long here now to, but it has been dry the last 3 years, before that it rained a lot for 6 summers, so It about averages out I suppose. :D Good building weather for the house though, and not too hot yet. :)

thecfarm

Another cool night. I had a sweat shirt on this morning.

SwampDonkey

Almost 80 here today with a driving wind behind it. ;D

thecfarm

76° here now at around 9:15pm. Much diffeant temperature than it was at 5am. Dry and I do mean dry. Places that I have dug rocks and stumps are dusty.

thecfarm

We got a shower in the dark hours. :)  Much,much needed. We need a day of light rain still.

SwampDonkey

Yep, didn't go very deep what we got so far. ;D

lxskllr

On the second day without rain. It's been warm, but the mid Atlantic humidity is mellow today. Went to a job to layout piles. They've been set faaar back because of the rain. They had a 12" pump plus two 4" pumps dewatering the creek and the hole and can barely keep up. Last year, they got by with only the 12", and it was throttled way back.

I was also on a terrible property a couple days ago, that had a recently drilled well. It was capped, but the water so high, it was coming out of the top in a fairly heavy stream. The water table's high there anyway, and all the rain we've gotten has pushed it over.

SwampDonkey

Well, it did finally begin raining after 10:00 am and has been steady all day. A cold one though, in the 40's.  fire_smiley

thecfarm

We had a shower here sometime in the late morning. I came home to everything wet. Than another shower around 1pm than a more steady rain. That is good.
We had the 40's a few days ago. Warm here now.

SwampDonkey

1-1/2" in the rain gauge. :o 8)  Still raining, but not a beating rain, nice soft soaker rain. :)

curdog

90 and humid, no breeze, sweating standing still and even more walking up a mountain... summer is definitely kicking in

Thank You Sponsors!