iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Thoughts and prayers that they will find it fixable. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Thanks guys. I did hang a set of the doors.

Having trouble posting a picture.

fishfighter

Did get the rest of the top cabinets sprayed.

Still fighting to post pictures. One can't add any text once one copies and paste. Have to mod a post to do so.

Icon's will not post too!

Magicman

Those cabinets are looking good Paul. 

Also the picture thing will be easier after you watch the videos.  It's the same, except different, but better.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Still fighting it. My puter is not happy. Did a clean up and reboot. No help there.

Anyway, got all the draws finished and sprayed. Was going to start spraying the bottom cabinets today, but way to much rain.

Darrel

I keep peeking in to see how things are going.  Hoping things are going as good for you as they are for this kitchen.  :)
1992 LT40HD

Jim_Rogers

Pretty soon you're going to have to change the name of this story to Completed the build.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

fishfighter,your computer is not happy?  :(  I have a Dinosaur and this thing is never happy. Refreshed kept The Dinosaur from eating me in all one bite. The refesh button helped me out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawmilllawyer

Looks like you have come a long way. Starting to get ship shape. Keep plowing.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Still have a long way to go. Just not in a hurry. Will be dry enough today to spray the bottom cabinets. Once I get that done, I have to rip up more oak boards and plane them down to make the doors for the bottom cabinets. Hope to start on that today. I rough saw them on my mill, so that gives me a chance to fire it up.

My stock pile of oak is starting to get low. Got a couple oak logs that need to be sawed up, but the boss will not let me.

fishfighter

Did get this done today.

Sprayed it, install the draw rails which took to around 1pm. Had to call it a day. So much for want I wanted to do today.

Magicman

Hey, I am glad to see you at least making some progress.  Small steps add up.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

I was able to resaw some rough oak boards up for the lower cabinet door frames yesterday. Sawed them up on the band saw. From there, I edged one side on the joiner and then planed them all out. Then I had cut them to the sizes of the door frames. Bad thing, my SIL needed to use my biscuit joiner for a job, so I couldn't put them together. He should finish with it today. Besides I was ready to call it a day. Was hurting to much.

This morning I'm going in for that shot in my neck. Just hope it helps relive the pain I been having. Wish me luck. 

Darrel

I've seen it repeatedly that things get worse for a day or two after those shots so if that is what happens for you, don't get discouraged, it will get better. Hang in there, the forestry forum family is pulling for you. 
1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Still taking it easy. Not much relief. Had to get up out of bed at midnight.

Darrel

Saturday should be a better day. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 
1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Well, I got out yesterday, sawed up the center inserts for the doors, pass them thru the planner and finished them out.

After that, I had to have a few of these.

Going to try and glue them all up today.

Magicman

Looking good Paul.  Steady as she goes.   :)

fishfighter

I did get the doors all glued up.

With the outstanding weather we been having that spring came early, yard work time. So, we been attacking that the better part of the weekend. Still have a bunch to do.

fishfighter

A cool front passed thru last night and all rain was gone by 6am. Got out and painted the cabinet doors. 4 coats on each side. Nice using a spray gun.

Magicman

Yup, we will have a few nice working days this week and those cabinet doors are looking good.  I'll be sawing about 75 miles East of you.   ;D

fishfighter

What town and what days? If you are sawing Thursday, I would like to drive out your way. Dang doctor day today in Baton Rouge for my neck and another Friday in New Orleans for my heart. The second one, they called and told me things have been happing that shouldn't. Tried to tell them I been in a lot of pain with my neck. They still what to check me out.

Lynn, you should have some nice cool weather to saw in.

fishfighter

Now it is time to decide if a change will be made to the upper cabinets. To stay the way they are or take out the center cabinets that are over the stove area and replace that area with a custom built exhaust hood that will be built out of oak as the cabinets.

All doors are done and this is what the top cabinets look like now.

Darrel

Exhaust hoods are fine as long as they are high enough so that one doesn't knock his head whilst looking in the pot on the stove. Otherwise, we hates'um!  
1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

I think I will just for go that hood for now. I can always come back in do it. Was also thinking of building it out of copper. The wife loves the way things are, BUT, now she wants a faucet installed on the back wall to the side of the stove area. Would not be hard to do. I already have a water line were the frig area is. I can Tee off that line from under the house and run the line back up.

Got to head to New Orleans today. Another doctor day. It is a battery check up and find out as to why I was taking some hits. My battery life is getting short to were I will have to have a replacement soon. Hate that trip.

This weekend, rain in the forecast. That will give me a good chance to do a complete clean up of the bottom cabinets. I have dust everywhere. Once I get that done, I will spray them. Then hang the draws hardware and the doors. That will finish them. What I had already sprayed, I used up a full gallon. That stuff is costing $50 a gallon, but it sprays out super nice.

Thank You Sponsors!