iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Menagerie Robustification With Attendant Difficulties

Started by DanG, December 17, 2008, 03:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Yes, our little collection of souls has been enhanced by the addition of "Trouble" and "Target."  Linda brought them home from work two days ago, but my camera batteries were kaput and I just got some new ones.  You will note in the photographs that Target seems to have developed a fetish for jewelry, but her aquisition of this bauble seemed a little traumatic from where I sat.  I heard the awfullest clatter and yelping coming from the porch, and dashed out there just in time to see her tumble off the porch with a large jar on her head.  The jar, part of an old canister set, broke when she hit the ground, and I had time to retrieve the camera by the time she returned to this part of the County. :D :D :D  She wasn't hurt at all, but any little shred of dignity she may have had is long gone. ;D

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

They're cute, DanG.

How long has it been since you reinforced your inventory with puppies?

timber tramp

DanG- Those are some fine looking pups, and don't worry too much about her dignity it'll grow back.
Cause every good story needs a villan!

DanG

Thanks TT.  A dog's self esteem is real low on my list of concerns.  A little humility is good for them. ;D :D :D

I don't remember for sure, Tom.  Ike was the last one and I'm thinking he's two and a half.

We used to pick up several every year.  People would just dump them off on the road near the house, but that seems to have stopped since the County finally opened a shelter. :)  I actually asked for these two from a guy Linda works with.  Their Mama is supposedly a Blue Heeler and the Dad(s?) a travelling man.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Looks like some pit pull in there.   So you got an accurate total for today?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Blue Heeler, eh?

Pit Bull, eh?

Looks like you might have a couple that will be smarter than you are.  The Pit bit might make them want to test you too.  :D :D

DanG

There were six, as of a little while ago. ;)  A couple of the oldsters are getting pretty frail, so I wanted to raise a couple more before the ranks get too thin.  I've lost several in the last couple of years, mostly due to old age.  The big influx of strays was 9-13 years ago, and we got up to 16 dogs at one point.  With the price of Ol' Roy these days, that would be a whammy!

They can bring it on, Tom.  I've always been good at taking tests. ;D  They are smart, though.  They've already learned that they aren't welcome in the house...stopped trying to come in after one day.  The squirt bottle is a great tool! ;D :D

Dodgy Loner

That black and white one reminds me of a dog we had when I was a kid.  We assumed he was part pit bull, but no way to know for sure, since he just showed up one day and never left.  My older brother named him "Guess", so of course when people asked what his name was, confusion ensued ;D.  He was a good dog, but a bit overly protective of us at times.  Didn't like neighbors very much :).
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Jeff

"Guess"

Can I use that if I ever get another dog? :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ely

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Radar67

Looks like a couple good additions DanG. How did you get the rest of the jar off her head? ???
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

isawlogs

Those are a fine adition to the ménage ya have there now.  I searched the Bue heeler and target sure has some looks , at first the where only grayish and black , but did not take to long a a nice white and patched pup to show up .
Hey Dan , get me a pic of the white one that we can see its face .

Nice pups Dan .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

One of the most memorable things about my visit to yore environs was the dogs (Hopefully you are not a sensitive feller and are not insulted by a canine bent).

I like a man who likes his dogs.............I like you DanG ;D.

I miss Miss Scarlet, though :).  Shumard is doing a pretty good job in holding things steady.  Your mention of him in an earlier post made me feel good.  Thank you. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

Good looking pups.

Your comment about old roy made me laugh. When our female had pups we were told to buy a good quality dog food so we bought purina. She wouldn't touch it. I dug into the old roy and she wolfed it down like she was starved. :D

ohsoloco

DanG, when you said Linda got them from work, I was wondering if she worked at the shelter  :D  Denise wanted to volunteer at the shelter around here, but told her that wouldn't be such a good idea....it's Maya's house, and she doesn't want to share it with any other dogs, I've already tried  :-\

DanG

Quote from: WDH on December 17, 2008, 05:07:56 PM
One of the most memorable things about my visit to yore environs was the dogs

That just shows that they were doing their job, Danny.  The dogs are a large part of anybody's first visit. ;D

Norm, Ol' Roy makes me hungry when I open a new bag.  My dogs don't want anything else...except bread.  They love their daily dose of day-old bread.  I get a bag for $2.50 that weighs about 40-50 pounds. ;D

Ohso, she's a nurse at an assisted living facility.  The pups were the result of the security guard's irresponsibility. ::)

Radar, I was a little concerned about that, but it slipped right off once I caught her.

How's dat, Marcel?

isawlogs

Great !!!  Trouble is adorable . !!!!!  :) :) :)

Thanks Dan ,
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Faron

Dan, Is there any dark hair coming in under the white?  Heelers are born mostly white, and the dark hair comes in a little later, making the blue color.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Roxie

Adorable!   8)  Please keep us updated on the progress of your robustification. 
Say when

OneWithWood

You picked good names  :)

I love dog's with character.  A Character with dog's with character...
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!