iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Axemen

Started by Jeff, June 06, 2019, 09:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Oh no. Its back. Starting in July the History channel says.says.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Is Shelby gonna be back? Take cover! :o
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Logger RK

We have a few new tv channels now,so I hope we'll get it. We have Swamp Logger's on Sunday's now. I hadn't  seen the show before. Nice to see some interesting shows on. 

Magicman

I pay very little attention to the drama that the producers induce into those "reality" shows including the Alaskan shows.  I watch them for the scenery plus seeing stuff that is out of the ordinary for me to see.  No other way would I ever see some of the equipment and methods that those guys use.  Educational plus entertainment.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Should change the show name to "Acts Men".
I haven't watched since the end of season 2. Too much fake drama to make ratings.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Old Greenhorn

My problem with this and other shows like it, as MM says, the induced drama. Those of us who do stuff like this understand the dangers, but the general public does not, and as usual the producers feel a need to dumb it down and over stress somethings to make it 'good TV'. With this show in particular, all the screaming and cussing was a real turn off. I am not offended by the language, but the beeping was driving me nuts. I understand there will be some character changes, but that old skinny guy on the yarder is still back and I just can't stand him. He needs to have his attitude adjusted. I understand his son has passed away?
 I'll give it a try, but geez, this one is more like a cartoon show than anything you see on Saturday mornings. I do like crazy SHelby though.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Raider Bill

His Son Gabe was killed in a car accident. Wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Me, I can't stand Shelby.  lol
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

moodnacreek

Normally I don't watch tv but when this show came out customers wanted me to see it, I lasted about 10 minutes.

thecfarm

First year was good. I learned a log about logging on the West coast. That first year was very educational.
I only last through 2-3 shows the second season.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I'll watch this new version at least once to see if it reminds me why I quit watching it back when.

Old Greenhorn

:D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D
 I think I am in the same boat. My wife likes it, but she is a bit hard of hearing and has the TV up loud when I am trying to sleep down the hall. All the bleeping drives me nuts.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

barbender

I saw a few episodes, I wasn't impressed👎
Too many irons in the fire

olcowhand

Oh, it's a show; I thought you were referring to me.
All my life, people have been calling me a "Horse's Axe", "Smart axe", "Dumb axe", and something about a "Whole". I know I'm a little hard of hearing, but I can read...
Sorry to infringe on your post.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Old Greenhorn

Your 'infringement' was at least as interesting and entertaining as the show.

Ron Wenrich

I watched a bit of it one time.  I worked as a choker setter for a stint on high lead and yarder work in Oregon.  Those actions wouldn't have been tolerated on any siding I was on.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

WV Sawmiller

Well, I watched it this evening and enjoyed it. No major drama or major stupid stuff I noticed. (I did miss Shelby but that is another story.) I enjoyed the fact they added a tree service guy and his son and I liked the Rygaard brother who took over discussing taking small jobs, looking at worthless plots and finally talking about the bid process on the big gov't job his got a lead on. We will see how that pans put. The previews did concern me they may go back to some of the drama and yelling in future episode. we will see.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Pine Ridge

I watched it too, and enjoyed it as well.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

lxskllr

I don't have tv, but I've been watching youtube videos today with the bonus bandwidth I somehow ended up with. Was looking for a good video demoing a soft dutchman, and ran across Buckin' Billy Ray. Started watching his videos, and kept going. Guy's a bit of a goofball, but I find his videos entertaining. He's almost a Mr Rogers for adults with a logging bent, and a bit more mania  :^D

Anyway, his July 4 video said he was gonna be on Axemen July 11. Was wondering if him and his boy were on there?

WV Sawmiller

Yes, he was the tree service guy I mentioned.
Howard Green

Jeff

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 11, 2019, 10:20:25 PMWell, I watched it this evening and enjoyed it. No major drama or major stupid stuff I noticed.

I agree. They earned a second viewing. The tree service guy is probably a typical chainsaw forum kinda guy. I like him. :D

Bruno of NH

I have a good friend that does tree work he helps me at the mill and I buy logs from him.
He's under 5' with his high top looking boots and is 98 lbs.
Climbs them trees like a mad man.
Switched from logging to tree work makes a lot more money.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Old Greenhorn

This is the first thursday all summer I have been in the house at this hour, remembered this show, and actually turned on the TV. I haven't fired up the TV since I don't know when, march? So I am catching the show and have to say it is better than previous seasons. The tree service guy looks VERY familiar. I have seen him somewhere before, maybe a you tube video or something. I like the guy, well thought, methodical, and he explains the job without being too dramatic about it. I may not make it to the end, past my bedtime. But its a better show.

WV Sawmiller

I agree this season is much improved over past shows. Mostly they did away with all the drama and fist fights on log landings and such. I like the tree service guy and the way he is trying to teach his son the business. 

They don't have enough money to pay me to do the work the Harkness guys (I think they are the ones) do where one guy hangs off the side of a steep mountain in his Tiger Cat cutter connected to a loader or yarder or such above that his brother is operating. Interesting a different equipment than what I have seen used here east of the Mississippi. 

I used to like the underwater logging but they were among the worst of the drama idiots. I actually like Shelby but nothing realistic about the guy. He was definitely a character. If they could have just showed him collecting logs in his swamp buggy or jet boat without crashing fences and shooting holes in the lake and such it would have been more fun to watch. I liked one family team who was low tech and made a barge with 2-55 gallon plastic drums under a frame with a simple hand winch and they'd lift one end of the sunken log with it then tow it to a landing in a johnboat.
Howard Green

Ron Wenrich

I watched it last night for the first time in years.  They sure do take small timber.  The drama always kept me away.  But, when the guy troubleshooting his equipment didn't look at the fuel problem as a starting point, I sort of lost interest.  The arborist was interesting and quite knowledgeable, without being a hot dog.  The other loggers were always up against time and the pocketbook.  That's not how most operations are run by the better producers.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

dgdrls

I had it on record and watched some of them.
Was interesting to see the Pihl crew cut the big fir trees.

Pihl Logging - Ax Men Cast | HISTORY
the Bios are interesting and set the stage for the series,

D

Thank You Sponsors!