iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

safety gear and first aid equipment.

Started by 20ozjolt, January 22, 2018, 02:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

20ozjolt

I havent seen a list on this as its own subject.

besides protective pants or chaps, good boots, ears and eyes as we say. what do you use.

Do any of you carry a tourniquet like a CAT or quick clot an ie Israeli bandage?

when I'm running a range (firearms fo non shooters) I have a booboo box bandaids n the like for the stupid stuff at the back of the range but strapped to me is a gunshot kit big cunks of gause quick clot and a tourniquet ect.

was reading the thread about the injures and close calls it got me wondering why I dont have something similar when I'm cutting.

sawguy21

It has been discussed, search 'first aid kit', but is certainly worth bringing up again. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

HolmenTree

As pictured I always carry a pressure bandage attached to the back of my climbing saddle. If I ever cut myself 50 feet off the ground while in a tree I have a method to stop blood loss.
Also have a first aid kit in both rear doors of my pickup.
When I was logging as a faller I always had a pressure bandage sealed inside a zip lock sandwich bag which I kept stored in my hardhat .

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

20ozjolt

Come to think of it I did only search for quikclot and tourniquet so not a broad enough I guess

luvmexfood

In the first aid area I carry a bottle of rubbing alcohol in my truck. Get a smaller cut with some dirt in it is good to pour over it and disinfect/wash it out. Burns a little but not bad. It's cheap and also makes a fair parts cleaner if you in a bind.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

teakwood

definitely carry a pressure bandage as holmen suggested
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Thank You Sponsors!