iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Pickup Truck

Started by metalspinner, January 04, 2010, 10:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

fishpharmer

I saw your truck.  And the installer looked just like you :D ;)

So tell us the rest of the story.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

metalspinner

BTW,
I am not responsible for any mis-information relayed in the project tutorial. :D

Stanley Fat Max was the sponser of that shoot and is a client of my wife.   She volunteered my truck when something fell through at the last minute.  They had the truck all day for that 20 second video. ::)  But, I got to hang around with tool guys all day, so all was not lost. :)

I noticed a little bit of an attitude in the truck these past couple of weeks.  It doesn't want to be parked outside for instance.  Not to mention it's demanding synthetic oil now. ::)  Sheez, a little time in the spot light and suddenly it's complaning about my dirty boots on the mats and wants me to wipe my hands off before touching the steering wheel. ::)

Mooseherder

How much did the Truck (with capital T) get paid for the 20 seconds? :D

IMERC

did they (the people doing the shooting) clean yur truck???

they need more trucks???

and are you the installer???
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

WDH

That truck was definitely the star of the show  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

You sure do drive a pretty and clean truck. It's white.  It's got neat stuff in the bed.  I blinked and had torerun the video 3 times.  It must have been a mighty tall cameraman.  Does your truck give autographs?  Oh, what it must be to be a star.  As special as it is, you should "spin" a couple of megaphones for the exhaust pipes.  Has it demanded tire paint yet? :D

IMERC

Quote from: Tom on January 04, 2010, 11:18:40 PM
  Has it demanded tire paint yet? :D

go look again...
the manicurest/podiatrest has already worked their majic...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

metalspinner

:D

The bed had to pass certain qualifications to get the gig.  After pulling the bed liner out I noticed it looked like a nightmare.  But a bit of a rub down with a synthetic pad and a couple cans of white spray paint fixed that.

That's when it all started with Truck, you see.  Just that little bit of pampering made it feel worthy of that sort of attention all the time.  Kind of like letting the dog sleep on the bed on a cold night.

QuoteDoes your truck give autographs?

Next time we're in Florida, we can come by and peelout on your drive for you.

QuoteHow much did the Truck (with capital T) get paid for the 20 seconds?

MH,
There are more important things in life than just monetary concerns, ya know.  That means Truck got payed nothing.  But I picked up a couple of neat tools. ;D

IMERC,
No that's not me.  That is called "Talent."  I was in a supervisory role that day. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!