iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade guides help

Started by brewdog, March 27, 2017, 08:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewdog

Need help ,I have homemade mill 11/4 blades iwant to order Cook guides but not sure what I need.I can do the tubing /is berring better than pin with grease  nipple.How sap running there ,poor year so far in NOVA SCOTIA   

dustyhat

You can go with the grease fitting pin , but i just as soon have the bolt. they seem to last a long time, just keep them clean, and less lube the better. you know coolant wise. alot of times the roller face will wear before the bearing.

bandmiller2

Brew, personally I would order the sealed bearing models, the sealed bearings are replaceable too. You will need a way to adjust the guides. Easy way is to get the whole unit from Cooks, guide, mount, and adjusting tube. If money is tight just buy the guides with bearings and make the adjustable mount. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

EZ

To me the cooks are top of the line. I always give them a couple of shots of grease after I'm done for the day. Pretty much last a lifetime if you take care of them.

bandmiller2

Brew, however you mount the guides you want them fully adjustable. Being a cheap yankee I made my own. I drilled and tapped one end of a 1" piece of barstock that was a sloppy fit inside a piece of 1 1/4" ID square tube. On top of the tube I cut two slots about 1" long between them drilled and tapped a hole for a bolt. The 1" bar can be adjusted all ways the two slot bolts are screwed into the bar and the center bolt will lock them in position. Hope this is understandable as I'am not into the picture thing. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Klicker

Brewdog Good to have a another Nova Scotian on board. What part are you in I am on the North Shore. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

Thank You Sponsors!