iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got to drop some real trees today

Started by Mlamountain, May 10, 2011, 08:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mlamountain

What an awesome day.   I finally got to take some real trees down today.   When I bucked up the two 16' oak logs the small end diameter was 24" & 20".   Quite a difference from all the crooked field edge firewood I've been taking down for the last 6 months.   I'll take some pics tommorow.  

WildDog

Sounds like a great day, looking forward to seeing the pics.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Piston

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Mlamountain

Well I didnt have much luck posting the pictures to this comment thread.   I think I was able to get the pictures on to my profile though.... Im not to sure how this all works....
When I tried to put the pictures on the thread then it said it was to large/long.

Mlamountain

Mlamountain

Mlamountain

ljmathias

Beautiful logs- wish I had access to some like that.  Why, I'd even pay money to get them!   :)

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Piston

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Mlamountain

cutterboy

There's nothing like an oak tree that's tall and straight. Nice pics. Thanks.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

CX3

Those are some nice logs and will fetch a fair price at the mill.  Good job on getting some nice timber bought.  One tip though, get those stumps cut lower or you will have mr landowner crawling up your dark alley way
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Mlamountain

Yah the ones with the high stumps were hanging over some cars/ house.   I took em down above the swell and pulled them down with the skidder.   Nice n easy, nice n safe   I've since taken the stumps to the ground.  Johnny homeowner is just happy I don't have to pull a tree out of his house. The homeowner is gonna pull all the stumps when I'm done so he can start a horse farm.   Don't ask me why???

thecfarm

84,I've been on that highway a few times.  Looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logman81

I'm looking at a lot in foster RI that has logs that look just like that some nice oak and maple. :)
Precision Firewood & Logging

Mlamountain

Bill Gaiche

Mudd, there surley is a smile behind all that mud, bg

Thank You Sponsors!