iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sick of frozen snow

Started by woodmills1, January 20, 2003, 03:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

I have definately had enough of this frozen siberian wasteland scenerio.  tried to hook the forwarder to the trailer and the thing would'nt raise up high enough for the hitch, had to shovel the snow so the tractor would be low enough then block up under the stabilizers.  then i had to plow out the back yard and part of the orchard to get the sawmill a jump start from the toyota since the tractor battery is kinda hidden for using cables.  gotta think about that one this spring.  now I gotta plow out to the firepit to dump the slabs. ::) ::) o well enough complanin, if this here sawin thing was easy then everybody would be doin it :D ;D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Rob

James I'm with ya on this one I'm sick of it also but the one thing I do like is the $65.00 hr I iget for plowing for the town it's nice when you get a check 30 days later for 4-5,000  ;D

Later Rob.

Noble_Ma

Hey woodmills1, it looks like it's time to get that mill under a roof!  Mine is covered and snowed in until spring or the next thaw.  That's fine with me seeing that I have lots of other work to keep me busy.

Tom

Hey James,
You can cheat a little length to the battery by hooking onto the positive at the starter and ground at the frame.

Every year I threaten to put a battery post outside of the tractor housing somewhere.   Gonna get to it one of these days. ;D :D

beenthere

The bayonet connectors similar to welding cables seem to work well (also used by towing co.'s on service vehicles) for a quick battery hook-up system, and can be enclosed (female end) so accidental shorting isn't so likely. Only problem, the connectors seem to be plenty expensive.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodmills1

hey i like that trick using the starter.  outside terminals would be real nice.  and yes rob the snowplow checks are lotsa fun, but the after plow repairs and before plow prep gets old, along with staying up long enough to not need alarm clock for the day job. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Rob

Yes James you are right the lonnnnggnggg hours do sux but it's well worth it in the long run...I usually gross $18-22,000 a winter for plowing but most of that is from salting..Nothing like gettin up 1am and firin up the 10 wheeler and not comin' home till 5pm the next day  ::)

Later Rob..

woodmills1

lets see I plowed steets for Dracut Ma for 9 years with my chevy 86 one ton 4x4 dump and made good money, but with less than 60,000 miles ive done: 2 trans jobs(turbo 400), dump bed, front and rear springs, 3 oil pans, 1 rear pumpkin cover, all U-joints on all driveshafts, dump control cables, fenders, doors, and entire cab replacement, 2 gas tanks, 2 sets of brake lines, fuel lines, radiator, heater core, heater box,
 and fuel pump. well at least the motor works, if the block will continue to hold water, and add 3 exhausts one set of manifolds and more exhaust donuts than I can remember.

Rob

WOW now thats what I call a salty list the salt in New England seems to eat alot of parts up and spit them out as rust believe me I know the feeling.. >:( ;D

Later Rob.

Thank You Sponsors!