iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What a deal!!

Started by Kevin_H., December 18, 2003, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

Brother in law just called, Seems like I just got a good deal on some cool stuff,

Just got 2 coils of steel strapping, box of 1000 seals, tensioner, crimper, and strapping cutter, not to mention that cool little cart that holds it all for 75 bucks, cant beat it.

He also picked up a 2 hp grizzly dust collector for 150 smackers, dont know if I can talk him out of that one. I have a 2 bag 1hp collector but would move up for the right price.  ;D

Sorry about the gloat, but I dont get deals like this very often.

Now if I could just get a few days to go fetch that edger.  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Kevin, be careful initially with the strapping.  For those that may not be around it day in and day out, there can be several different grades of the stuff. The Good stuff is duller on its edges then a butter knife. The cheap stuff, you will know as soon as you grab the end and try to pull some off the coil. The cuts it can cause are always in a bad spot and nasty. Usually right in the creases of your fingers.

Kevin, thats a good price just for the cart.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin_H.

Thanks for the info jeff, maybe I should keep a box of bandages with the strapping, I cant stand blood  ;D

We use to buy the cheap strapping when we ran the pallet operation, the stuff was unpainted and would brake if you pulled down on it too tight, we started buying a little better stuff, painted and a little thicker grade.

I talked him into parting with the dust collector also, Bro in law tells me the workshop didnt even use the collector enough to to fill the bag one time, came with a couple of "Y" connectors and about 40 ft of 4" flex pipe.

The only down side I can see is that the new collector is 220v and the old one is 110v so my remote for the DC system wont work.

I'll live  8)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Thank You Sponsors!