iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bandsaw tension adjustment

Started by jimecost, September 23, 2013, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimecost

Have an older model woodmizer LT30 and noticed that I could not get the blade tension up to the yellow indicator for pressure.  Did not see the zert for hydraulic fluid until After I took the bolts out.  Now having trouble getting the pressure to come up at all, even after refilling with hydraulic fluid and removing the pressure gauge and back filling this as well.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

Steve M

WH_Conley

Unscrew the tension handle out several turns. Take the fill plug out. Push the bandwheel in to backup the inner plunger, just unscrewing does not pull the piston through the o ring. Then pull the bandwheel back toward the outboard side. Use a very small funnel to fill. If you get too much at one time it will become air locked and look like it is full, even though it isn't. A Vet sized Hypodermic needle works good for filling. It doesn't take much trapped in there to give you fits on tensioning. I always bump the bandwheel plunger just a little to make sure all the air is out.
Bill

sawmillhand

like conley said  unscrew the tension hand all the way out and look at the plunger see if it is all the way on or out. push your wheel all the way in before you take the fill cap off to help push the plunger out. Then take the fill cap off and use a pair of vise grips (but be careful to not nick up the chrome rod that pushes against the wheel or you will have to replace the seal later on) to pull the chrome rod out. Then fill your tensioner house with fluid. Repeat pulling the chrome rod out and adding fluid to you get where you want the plunger to be. I just done mine i should have taken pictures and posted step by step.  You shouldnt have to take your gauge off just the fill cap.
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

jimecost

Thank you gentlemen.  Will give it a try and get back to you.

Steve M

Thank You Sponsors!