iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This load came in this morning. 

Two ERC trees with three logs each and he has two more loads to make with 4 more trees.

Two more portable ERC jobs are waiting, but there are two SYP framing lumber jobs scheduled first.  2015 could be a busy year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

EZ

Wow them are nice. I've only milled two logs of the cedar. They were yard trees but nice. EZ

Peter Drouin

You cut at your house? I thought you cut them and leave them. :D :D :christmas:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mesquite buckeye

I see a lot of stinky red dust in your future. ;D

Nice. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

Yup Peter, Marty has a 5 acre lot and I do sometimes saw there especially in this instance.  These logs are coming from a clearcut about 60 miles away and I can easily get rid of the slabs.  It's much better for me as well as the customer.

These ERC logs are 14' & 16' and with very little taper.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ocklawahaboy

Those are some of the nicest ERC pics I've seen.  Almost no sapwood on some of em and look pretty solid.  You should give a discount for the pleasure of sawing em.   ;D

My year will start with ordering some blades better suited for hardwood and getting into my 2 rosewood logs, after I finish the cypress up.

coppolajc10

Nice looking logs ... I wish we had cedar like that up here as many people have asked me for some.  I'll be starting on some hemlock and aspen in January for a sawmill shed I hope to build this spring/summer.  I hope my year is as busy as yours is shaping up to be, but I've read enough of your posts to know that that is unlikely  ;)

okmulch

With those discolorization of the centers they look like they might have some rot in them.  ??? (Course it could just be my eyes)
The size and the straightness of them look good.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Magicman

Your eyes are correct.  I am sure that I will have to rotate the cant and take side boards off leaving the log center for last or possibly even trashing the center.  The largest butt log is ~24".

red oaks lumber

why wait till 2015? still plenty of daylight to burn :)or do you shut down for "winter" ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

rooster 58

I will be sawing rr ties and grade lumber.  Some pine for construction. And looking for niche markets as I go ;)

WmFritz

Quote from: red oaks lumber on December 23, 2014, 06:41:18 PM
or do you shut down for "winter" ;D

From what I heard, there is no 'Winter' in Mississippi.
It goes from Autumn straight to Spring.   :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

customsawyer

I plan on saw round wood into square and rectangular things. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

JB Griffin

Nuthin.

At least till the bank say I can get another mill. ;D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

BCsaw

Doug Fir, spruce and birch. cut_tree

Have a storage building to timber frame and timbers for our house to saw up and cut the joinery!

:christmas:

Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

Sixacresand

Nice logs, MagicMan.  Have a Merry Christmas
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

FarmingSawyer

Those are some great lookin logs!

I'm looking to saw 3000ft or so of Pine first of the year, with some Spruce and Hemlock stands coming down sometime soon too. All mobile jobs. Meanwhile I will fill in with harvesting and sawing EWC and Spruce for sale and squeeze in some Maple for future sale. Right now I've got more logs being given to me than I have time to go fetch....including a RO which must scale at 1200 bf of clear.  :snowman::christmas: :snowman:
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

Chuck White

Most likely White Pine, Hemlock & Black Cherry!

Once in a while I'll get into a little bit of Red Oak.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

Quote from: JB Griffin on December 23, 2014, 08:32:11 PM
Nuthin.

At least till the bank say I can get another mill. ;D

Did you sell the Keener Built mill?

I'll be sawing a lot more white pine, I expect. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Philngruvy

Merry Christmas everyone.
I will be sawing black locust, red oak, white oak, sugar maple, red maple, birch, beech and of coarse, hemlock.
LT 15 18G
Bobcat 751

steve marek

merry Christmas
I have hemlock white pine ash and ewc to saw and 4 job book for the so far but won t start them to april
WM LT40HD logrite ach 718 woodmaster timber framing tools 3000 ford tractor 359 395 husky chainsaw woodmizer e50 single blade edger woodmizer 260 moulder 2538 mahindra tractor kd 250 kiln

blade69001

Pine, Pine, and more Pine, If I am lucky I may get a few random hardwoods in there as well.
Sean P.
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Philngruvy on December 24, 2014, 10:11:04 AM
Merry Christmas everyone.
I will be sawing black locust, red oak, white oak, sugar maple, red maple, birch, beech and of coarse, hemlock.

What he said. :christmas:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

White oak and more SYP,  and then who knows?    :christmas:  And a Very Happy New Year!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

redprospector

Right now I've got about 35000 bd. ft. of Ponderosa Pine, White Fir, Douglas Fir, and Western White Pine decked up and waiting. There's another 20,000 waiting to be hauled, and a couple of decent thinning jobs on the books that will produce some more of the same.
Now if I can just make it profitable.  ;)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!