Bluecreeper Saved My Day

Started by Magicman, June 27, 2015, 05:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yesterday I adding an outdoor 115 VAC outlet beneath the circuit breaker.  Things were going OK until I tried to loosen the ground buss screw.  Nope, rusted tight.  I tried harder...nope.  I went to the Cabin shop to check out what I had when I remembered that I was in my work truck for a change. 

I got my handy-dandy little squirt bottle and gave that rusted set screw a liberal dose of Bluecreeper.  I let it soak while I finished hanging the outlet box and wiring the receptacle.  One thing left to do, so I tried that setscrew again.

I was amazed (but I should not have been) that the screw easily turned.  I need a handy-dandy squirt bottle at the Cabin. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Tam-i-am

Magic Man will you be getting another bottle at the Pig Roast? ;)
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

I was lucky enough to win a bottle at last years Pig Roast that Log-Rite donated for a door prize. I've been rationing it lately, hoping to purchase some at this years PR.

Today my Grandson was changing out a boat battery for me. The bolt on the positive clamp wasn't budging, so I told him where I hide the Blue Creeper.  ;D   I told him to put a couple drops on each side of the nut. A few minutes later, he got the nut to move a 1/16''. A couple more drops and he moved it a quarter turn. I had him keep moving it back and forth and soon enough got the nut backed off. I let out a big sigh of relief because that cable clamp is in a very tight spot. I had him put stainless steel fasteners back on.  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Tam-i-am

Bill

I'm glad BC helped but how will you make that bottle last until Aug when there's two of you using it? ;D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Chuck G

You guys have me looking into this stuff now! :D

Only problem I've found is no West Coast distributor.  Shipping will cost me 1/2 of what the value pack goes for.  Wonder what it would take to become a distributor?
Found Our Heaven in Montana.

Magicman

Maybe you need to come to the FF Pig Roast and then you can carry a supply back with you.   ;D

Chuck G

Quote from: Magicman on July 02, 2015, 02:05:25 PM
Maybe you need to come to the FF Pig Roast and then you can carry a supply back with you.   ;D

In due time!  Wife and I have a couple of other things to take care of the next couple of years.  After that however, I've promised her a cross country trip.
Found Our Heaven in Montana.

Magicman

According to your profile, you can make it a one way trip.   8)

trapper

The hand brake cable on my atv was sticking and not allowing the brake to release completely.  Put some blue creeper on the cable and worked it a few times. Got a little better but now when the blue creeper had a few days to work its way through the cable is completely free. Other than atf where called for on the mill blue creeper is the only thing I use to free anything.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

John Mc

The logging winch for my tractor had developed problems. The brake would not engage without a lot of fiddling and yanking on the control rope, then when it did engage, I had to fiddle some more to get it to release. WD40 on the linkage made a barely noticeable difference, even after multiple applications. One treatment with Blue Creeper and it's working like new!
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Magicman

Yup, used the Bluecreeper again today.  The bottom step on the new camper was sorta sticking.  Not any more.   :)

Magicman

Today I noticed that the arbor on my sawmill debarker was a bit wobbly.  I tried to loosen/tighten the setscrew but no go.  I squirted it with Bluecreeper and tried helping the Allen wrench with pliers.  No go, so it squirted it again and let it set for a bit.  This time it broke loose without the pliers.  I worked the setscrew back and forth a couple of times and then snugged it tight.  No more wobble.   :)

pineywoods

Here's a new one for blue creeper...Joystick on wifes electric chair felt wobbly and did nothing. Poked a small hole in the rubber boot around the stick, couple of drops of blue creeper through there onto the joystick handle. It dribbled down the stick into the works, presto back to normal. A week later it's still working fine...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men