iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

passing out.

Started by ely, August 13, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

I have a friend about 40 . He will black out like when he is sitting in a duck blind and looks up at ducks. He has Been seeing a doctor. They say it's a seizure of some sort. Talking about starting meds on him . Just curious what my resources here have for ideas.

clww

It sounds to me like it could be a case of Meniere's Syndrome, a form of vertigo. I have it, and get dizzy in certain situations, but I've never blacked out.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

doctorb

Another option is a form of carotid syndrome, where position of the neck effects blood flow through the carotid arteries which supply the brain.  He needs what I would call a "provocative" work up, where they simulate the position in which he passes out and measure blood flow and EEG activity.  I am less likely to believe that this is related to seizure activity, if it only occurs when looking up.  There may be other factors involved that may make that the cause, but, given the info you've provided, I'm not too sure that seizure activity is very likely.  Does he have outward signs of seizures (shaking, uncontrolled motions) when this occurs?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

ely

I will have to get back with him to confirm the seizure part... I do know they are looking at a narrowed and thin carotid .

Thank You Sponsors!