iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow

Started by Peter Drouin, March 14, 2019, 09:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I wanted to get the shingle mill up and ruining. I looked out at the way I was going to start the engine'
Supper c

And found this.

you can see the problem.

So I'll do like the generator room, Door in side.

See I want to put it up tight to the wall.

Over to the left 4' more might work.

I love snow, It was worm today 40° snow going away and it's time, :)

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Mt406

We are headed for mud season here. we have been below zero off and on for 5 weeks now with 20 inchs of snow, today in the 30s by next week 50-60s.
Were high desert with only 8-12 in of moisture a year. Last year we had 21 in some of the ranchers said that haven't seen some of the springs and creeks flowing in 55years. This year 7.29 so far. 

Stay dry
Scott 

AZ_builder

This is the most rain and snow I've seen in 15 plus years here in AZ
Where I'm at. The ground has soaked in as much as it can so now it's just a soupy mess! I love the moisture but not the working conditions. 

Crossroads

Just when I thought the snow was going to start going away. We got 4-5" Tuesday and then another 4-5 Wednesday 🙄. I do see warmth coming though, next week we're supposed to have 2 nights in a row above 32° 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

SwampDonkey

Been warm here and watched the snow pack in the yard drop 6" in two days. We still have 3' of snow, I think north of us the snow pack is 49" deep, that's over 4 feet for those math challenged. ;) I just saw a friend post a photo of a car on a road that had been cleared up north of here (Belldune, N.B.) and there is 15' of snow wall beyond the height of the car. Yep we got lots we can spare. :D

Rain here today. Snowfall warning to the north. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gagnon Mountain

supposed to be close to 60 today!!  

Still waiting for my maples to run, still have over two feet of snow in the woods.  

oh yeah,  Welcome back Pete!

thecfarm

I got a bush hog under the snow somewheres. ;D  At one point in late January I was driving almost anywheres in the woods with my tractor. Most years I have to keep up on the roads in the woods. Just did not get the snow. Than we got a little bit more and that kept me to only certain places.
My dirt driveway is finally starting to see some dirt. Not much snow,as I posted,but rain and not much above freezing,kept my driveway all white this year. Most years it will melt down to the dirt.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WWright

We still have about 8" in the woods. I was pumping maple tank in woods this morning and saw a moth so I guess spring is coming

Will

Peter Drouin

Coming up this Wednesday is the first day of spring I think.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

moodnacreek

The Chase looks nice and dry and you wrapped up the 25v I think, good man. Snow almost gone down here and deep mud now.

PAmizerman

The snow is just about all gone here. 
And the Robbins are back 8)
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Darrel

Still got plenty of snow here but had three moths splat on my windshield on the way home from Bonanza Wednesday night. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

petefrom bearswamp

Im at least a month away from sawing due to snow.
a foot or more at the mill site.
Might have spontaneous combustion at my slab pile tho.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

The only snow we have at the moment is snowbanks and some snow in the woods!  Most of the snow in the fields that was in the fields has melted.

Saw a small flock of Robins this afternoon!  :snowball: 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

When I measured on Tuesday, there was 40" on the ground here. There's less both north and south of here..haven't been east and west.

That doesn't count the 4-8" of ice that's under the snow or sitting in the driveway and around the foundation.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

DPatton

Snow is not our problem here in eastern Nebraska now. A significant and widespread 100 year flooding event has been unfolding all around me for the past few days. The damage is astronomical. So much infrastructure destroyed and homes flooded. The Missouri River has broken the all time record flood elevation at Nebraska City today.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

SwampDonkey

Flooding sux, then the cleanup is no fun afterword. Double whammies. :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!