iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer Hunt

Started by Autocar, October 23, 2011, 06:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I put on a handy cap deer hunt every year during Ohio gun season here at home. But I try to take a hunter a year to a high fence operation so they can have a chance at a nice buck. The Northwest Ohio S.C.I. takes care of all the cost so its a fun trip for myself and the hunter. This year we went to a place in Holmes cty, it is four hundred acres. For me I wouldn't enjoy hunting in fence but feel it is a personal choice for each hunter. But for my fellows it is a thrill for them, we ended up killing a 13 point buck. Iam not into the scoring but they told me it would score between 140 and 150 a real dandy buck. I also saw a 42 point buck and one with two 12 incn drop tines that looked like a ball bats it sure was a pretty buck. Beautiful country with plenty of sawmills and loggers [ just up my alley  ;D ] One sawmill had a junk pile of old equipment, get me around stuff like that at it's Christmas eve  :D Over all a great time Bill.
Bill

pasbuild

surly you took pictures of these bucks
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Autocar

Yep I did I will try to get them posted in the next couple of days with some help  ;D
Bill

treefarmer87

ohio always has produced monster bucks :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

thecfarm

Holmes County,been there many years ago. Looked just like Maine where we was. A few houses,than a small farm,the lay out of the land,even the trees.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lorax

Thought I'd share my latest success in bow hunting.  Second year in a row that I was able to get a buck.  8 pointer last year and now this year a 10 pointer.  Had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming  ;D

sandhills

Very nice Lorax!  smiley_hollywood_cool

beenthere

Congrats Lorax. Nice "catch".  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Autocar

Bill

Ron Scott

~Ron

Samuel

Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

SwampDonkey

Nice bag and tag! ;D  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Piston

Nice buck!  I like that you shot it with a bow  ;)

Do you eat the heart?  Some good eatin there.   ;D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

Nice looking buck, weight?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

You were not dreaming.  Congratulations !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lorax

Quote from: Piston on November 10, 2011, 05:41:40 AM
Nice buck!  I like that you shot it with a bow  ;)

Do you eat the heart?  Some good eatin there.   ;D

I normally eat the heart but this year my next door neighbor, who is a disabled Vietnam Vet, asked me to save the heart for him if I was able to bag a deer.  So he was able to enjoy it and I hope to get another deer during the gun season in a little over a week.

Lorax

Quote from: thecfarm on November 10, 2011, 06:02:10 AM
Nice looking buck, weight?

I didn't have it weighed but I would guess that he was around 160 lbs.

Piston

QuoteI normally eat the heart but this year my next door neighbor, who is a disabled Vietnam Vet, asked me to save the heart for him if I was able to bag a deer.

That's a good reason   ;)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Norm

Good job on the hunt Lorax. Especially nice of you to share like that.  :)

Ron Scott

My bow kill. 8 point buck taken at 2:15 pm, 11/10/11.

~Ron

Burlkraft

Nice job Ron   ;D ;D

Got the bear out of your stand, Eh?
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Good for you Ron. Nice buck. Hope your weather was as good as ours. Some snow on the ground and right at 30 deg.

My son has been hunting here this week (every day, except the snow storm on Wed). This morning he stuck an 8 pt buck and then both of us filled our doe tags this pm. Been a good day, with beautiful weather.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

all iv'e seen this fall is 1 deer, ya just 1 deer. plenty of wolves and bear.
hunting the same area as the last 25 yrs always have seen over 75 deer. 6 yrs ago when the first wolves showed up it has been a steady decline in numbers for deer.
its real common to hear wolves howling almost every night, at first it was neat to hear but, after seeing what kind of damage they do not only to wildlife but when they started attacking and killing our beef cattle the neatness qiuckly turned to frustration.the way our law reads you can only shoot a wolf if its in the process of killing a beef animal and the partially eaten animal must be saved for evidence.
here the problem with that it happens at night and they quickly eat the animal. sorry for getting this thread off track :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Bibbyman

Good job guys.

My deer season didn't last long.  This morning was opening morning of the regular firearm season.  Got out of the house about 7:20 and walked up between the log piles.  A big doe came walking out the woods.  This is where she stood. This is where she fell.  Season over at 7:23.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

clww

All nice deer, guys, and good eating, too!
NOW it's a food topic! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!