iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2019 annual pigroast countdown topic

Started by Jeff, March 06, 2019, 08:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

ITINERARY:
Friday, August 2nd, Set up day, visiting, pig prep, boiled dinner for supper! Bon fire. Swimming, more visiting
Saturday, August 3rd, Pancakes and Sausage breakfast at 8 a.m., Pig around noonish, followed by door prizes and visiting.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

You reckon you will be out of the Nanook of the North stage by then? :snowman: :snowman: :snowball1: :snowball1:
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

doc henderson

Hope and planning to make it, the early warning is helpful with my schedule.  Thanks for doing this
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Well, I heard that the ice fishermen are to have their  shanties off the ice by the 3rd of July in time for 4th festivities.

My driveway.

And the cabin

GAB

My wife and I plan on being there.
I'm planning on bringing some maple syrup to go with the pancakes.
If some desire to they could also doctor the sausages with it.
Still 2 months from planting them, but I might also bring some red taters for friday evening if they grow.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jeff

I'll start an official RSVP topic the day we order the hog. :)  We won't keep any count on this one, but its fun to have an idea who may make it this year. :)

goose63

Pig Roast

Army Reunion in lost wages Nev.

Hot air ballon ride in Albuquerque in N. M. the boss olny gets so much time off from work I guess I'm going for a ballon ride l ike it or not Ilike my feet on the ground.  :o :( :(

The best thing is her brother lives there 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

jmouton

so we are not counting right now??    right ,,,  just a countdown topic eh 
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Jeff

That's correct. You may keep your shoes on. ;)

pigman

I sure would like to come, but I an not sure I could find my way there. I suppose if I get lost, I could call Marcel for directions. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

olcowhand

We had such a great time last year at the Pig Roast, I'm actually kind of sad that I'll be in Alaska this year. It's my only window of availability, and it's been a Bucket List item almost all my life....
If something falls through, though- I'll be there. We won such cool prizes (including some of GAB's great Syrup), and met a bunch of great FF folks- we'll really miss it.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

petefrom bearswamp

Pig roast is one of Linda's and my annual highlights.
Unfortunately this year it conflicts with my forestry school 60th reunion.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The Goat is planning on coming if Jeff will come see me first.   ;)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

olcowhand

Quote from: Jeff on March 10, 2019, 07:54:54 AM
Gotta wait for my amazon delivery first.
Now that's funny...... (Jeff, I can loan you mine at any time, but they're not the "External" kind.)
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

thecfarm

I have a pair at work just like them. I can use my employee discount and next day air them. Any way that I can help out a FF member.  :D  :D  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

I would like to but so far I have a family reunion the last week end in July and the second week end in August a reunion of one of the submarines I was on in Charleston SC .Some time this summer my lady fair will become a permanent resident at my house so it's going to be a busy summer season .

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Stephen1

Cathy and I would like to come. Thnks for the heads up on the date. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

tule peak timber

Jeff, where is best to fly into and stay ?
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Magicman

WDH flies in and rents a car every year.  He should be a real pro.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I can fly non-stop from Atlanta to Flint, MI. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

@tule peak timber  cities to look at to fly into would be Detroit, flint, grajd rapids or Lansing.  All 2 or 3 hour drive south of us.  Towns to stay in would be Mt. Pleasant, Clare to the south, and Houghton lake to the north. there are a couple places in Harrison. The closest to us is the carriage house inn. About 1/2 mile.

Ron Wenrich

I believe I flew into Saginaw a few years ago.  A bit closer and had better connecting time for me.  Slight layover in Detroit.  Stayed in Clare.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

tule peak timber

I am going to try for the redeye into Lansing and the Carriage house Inn, if they ever respond.....
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Stephen1

We are putting a ? mark on this year as my Daughter and my Grand children are coming from Sept Isle QC , sometime this summmer and I am waiting to hear when. 
We stayed at the Doherty in Clare last year, great Hotel, we even stayed after and bought into the golf packages, spent a couple of days golfing.

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Busy Beaver Lumber

Jeff and Friends

Lord willing we will be there this year. Put us down for 4 adults please. God willing Kris show be better by then and this is one event we both enjoy a tremendous amount. Of course will bring some door prizes as always too. :)
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Crusarius

Well, right now its on the calendar. That is all I can say. Definitely hoping to make it there. Already met a bunch of ppl from the forum. All good ppl. Love to meet more.

Warbird

I seriously wish the wife's family reunion had been just a week later, then we could've made it to the roast this year.

re: driving down.  It's a wee bit of a trek!   :o

Crusarius

I really want to do that drive one day!!!!

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!