iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So excited I can't even stand it!

Started by JSwigga, January 10, 2014, 08:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSwigga

Well I finally had the chance to run my mill all week long.  The mill ran flawlessly, no issues with the machine. 8)  I haven't had any problems with the set works.    There are a couple of design issues.  The blade tensioner gets in the way of the guide roller if it is straight up and down.  The bolt on the top of the drag back will sometimes get hung up on the top guide roller bolt.  The fine adjust jack in between the log loader broke when we loaded a heavy log.  That jack is going to take the brunt of most of the weight when loading logs so I replaced it with a 12 ton jack.   I went to a trade show last weekend.  Woodmizer was there and the lt40 seems so small to me now.  Still a great machine but this tk is a beast!  So all said and done I'm very happy with the mill. 
60" Lucas Dedicated Slabber, TimberKing 2200 , 5 ton Nissan forklift, John Deere FEL

5quarter

Jswigga...That's a top notch saw! congratulations.  8) 8)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: JSwigga on February 26, 2014, 03:54:41 PM
Woodmizer was there and the lt40 seems so small to me now.  Still a great machine but this tk is a beast!  So all said and done I'm very happy with the mill.

I've gotten my LT40 into some places that no beast would dare attempt to squeeze into. Just sayin'.  :)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JSwigga

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on February 26, 2014, 05:49:27 PM
Quote from: JSwigga on February 26, 2014, 03:54:41 PM
Woodmizer was there and the lt40 seems so small to me now.  Still a great machine but this tk is a beast!  So all said and done I'm very happy with the mill.

I've gotten my LT40 into some places that no beast would dare attempt to squeeze into. Just sayin'.  :)

True... If I was only doing custom sawyer work for other people the smaller trailer would be nice.
60" Lucas Dedicated Slabber, TimberKing 2200 , 5 ton Nissan forklift, John Deere FEL

ladylake

Nice mill, looks like the dragback can be folded up out of the way, if so that's a nice feature.  Don't worry about it being a beast, on the rare occasion you couldn't get the mill into a spot the logs can be moved .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Magicman

Sometimes even "baby" sawmills need help.

Here mine is getting a tow with a 450 JD.

Up the muddy hill it went.

We then unhooked and I parked the sawmill with my truck.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Delawhere Jack

I can confirm it, that thing is a BEAST!  :o

Made a trip to Jersey today to look at a pickup truck and stopped by Josh's place on the way home. Got to meet Josh, his brother Dom and their father. Great folks. Got a tour of the operation too, quite impressive. They've got a little bit of everything wood wise, and a ton of wide slabs.

I was impressed by how quiet the TK ran, then it dawned on me, I wasn't walking along with the saw head  with my ears two feet from the engine. :D

I'll be sure to keep my "little" LT40 away from that beast. I'm half convinced it would eat an LT40 and poop LT10's...

JSwigga

it was nice to meet you!  Hopefully next time you come up its a little less muddy.   You even got to see me throw a blade off the mill!  what fun! haha

Magicman

Bait a hook with a new sawmill and no telling how many folks you will catch.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!