iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stickers

Started by millwright, June 13, 2017, 07:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yes, cows can be very sensitive!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

Quote from: Magicman on June 14, 2017, 09:07:57 PM

Yes, cows can be very sensitive!

Reminds me of the horses in Ocala Fl
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Farm29

I had a few ? On stacking lumber to air dry not sure if this is the right topic for this question but ?
When I stack 4/4 I put sticker between the layers but put the boards tight together in each layer which I assume is correct but if I were to stack let's say 8/4 or even 16/4 should I leave air gap between each board ?  If I would cut a bunch of 4 by 4 post should it in a sense be stickers in the verticle and horizontal direction and at what thickness should you worry about mold or mildew between boards?  And how do you all feel about using cottonwood for stickers sorry to drag on with questions
96 lt40 Hyd 24 hp onan
460 rancher

Savannahdan

Maybe that cow has sticker shock!
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Banjo picker

Quote from: Farm29 on November 10, 2017, 10:52:27 PM

When I stack 4/4 I put sticker between the layers but put the boards tight together in each layer which I assume is correct but if I were to stack let's say 8/4 or even 16/4 should I leave air gap between each board ?  If I would cut a bunch of 4 by 4 post should it in a sense be stickers in the verticle and horizontal direction and at what thickness should you worry about mold or mildew between boards?  And how do you all feel about using cottonwood for stickers sorry to drag on with questions

I always leave a space between the boards, no matter if I am stacking 3/4" boards or 4 x 12 beams.  In theory I would like to leave the air space directly above or below each other , but that seldom works out, as I usually have a variety of board widths together.  If you stack the edges tight, at least here in the south in the summer, you will get moldy lumber on the edges as a result.  I have never used cottonwood for stickers.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!