iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to Me WMLT15

Started by Max sawdust, October 23, 2005, 08:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max sawdust

Well thanks to the forum and all those that helped me figure out how to use it; my search for a sawmill was a lot easier.  I really wanted a swinger, but could not swing the price of a new mill.  :D So I bought Plowboy's used WMLT15, it is a great little mill and will suite me just fine until I grow my business. I tell you, being able to go back to old posts and reading about when plow boy bought that mill sure made me more confident in buying it.  It was like I knew everything that happened too it since it was new ;D
I am really tied up logging right now so I can not start sawing yet.  (That is really tuff when you have a new toy and can not use it. :'()  However I did grab a small oak log off my "firewood" pile and sawed it up.  I got six or seven very nice boards from a log that is worth $20 a cord as pulp.  Owning my own mill will allow me to maximize the amount of lumber from my logging project, and allow me to start dabbling in custom milling.
8)

It is nice to have a group of people all at different stages of the same road as a resource. 
Of course that road is paved in Sawdust  :D

Max

True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Bibbyman

Well, congradulations! 

Now the fun begins! 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Frank_Pender

Well done.  As Bid said, the journey begins.  You hve the sadust disease for sure and your mills will increase in size and number, I know, as I have 4 mills.  Other toys will follow: kilns, log handling equipment, lumber handling equipment, buildings and sorts of things.  Hang on, the roller coaster is fun.
Frank Pender

DonE911

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It's your first mill!!!!  wont be your last !!!  you have the sickness now!! :D :D

Congrats

PawNature

Congrats Max. I did pretty much the exact same thing. I wanted a swinger but wife would let me have one. So I found a LumberMate Mark IV. I had a procut chainsaw mill before that but wanted more.  Have Fun I do.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Burlkraft

Congrats Max........

I'm still torn on mills. I also would like a swinger, but I'm sure I'll start smaller and work my way up.
Make sure you include some pics when you get sawin'.

Steve
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Part_Timer

have fun Max

You'll be amazed at what you have been burining.  Good luck

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Don K

Congrats on the LT 15. It's a good first mill. I've had mine about five months and love it. I had other projects that kept me off mine a while, but your always thinking about it   ;D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Thank You Sponsors!