iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is anyone still getting vegetables from their garden?

Started by LaneC, February 02, 2016, 09:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaneC

I was wondering if anyone is still getting things out of the garden. It has been a mild winter down here and I am still getting Broccoli, Kale and Brussel sprouts. I am about to pick them one last time and then pull them up so the dirt can decompose the leaves and stems for the Spring.
Man makes plans and God smiles

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

We're just getting snomatoes up here. ;D

I had a tomato plant in Okinawa died down and came back out the next spring. It never got to freezing temperatures over there but I did not know tomatoes would come back the next season. Only time I ever saw that.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

wildbill

carrots should be ready in a month, a pod of bananas growing from one of the trees, lemon tree has fruit, onions and herbs doing well.  lettuce and cabbage holding their own.

and i need to mow the grass

winter is the best time to garden in florida :)
Raider Bill's favorite son

sprucebunny

If the ground is thawed, I could dig/pull up some leeks. Does that count ???
Leeks survive anything winter can throw their way  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Gary_C

Did someone say snow fleas? We are about to harvest some here.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

LaneC

I feel for you gents and ladies with all the snow. Maybe I could trade some broccoli for some snow :D. I lived in a place called "Dairy" New Hampshire for a very short time back in the 70's. It was very cold, I remember that. Please tell me that those are really not snow fleas. I hate any kind of flea!

Gary_C

Quote from: LaneC on February 02, 2016, 05:28:58 PM
   Please tell me that those are really not snow fleas. I hate any kind of flea!

They are indeed snow fleas.  ::)

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LaneC

Gary_C

But they are good eating. That is if you can catch enough of them. You just put a little salt on their tails and grab them.

LaneC

Thank You Sponsors!