iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2011 Pigroast Video feed and photo thread.

Started by Jeff, July 31, 2011, 09:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just getting prepared a couple days ahead of time. I'm embedding the video feed in this post. You will be able to watch here when we have the camera on-line.  So far so good on the weather forecast hope it holds true as it's a lot less work if we don't have to set up a bunch of awnings for rain. Warm for here, but should be cooler for our southern friends.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

Cedarman

Cooler is mid 90's and lower.  Cool would be mid 80's and lower.
Do I need to bring a jacket for evenings?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Reddog

Quote from: Cedarman on July 31, 2011, 01:40:01 PM
Do I need to bring a jacket for evenings?

Nope shorts and a tank top should be fine.  :)

Pay back for your little board gag the other year.  ;)
They are showing low 60's at night in the forecast.

Jeff

I think everything is relative. I about Froze to death last time I went to Florida.  

You might want a jacket, but I think its going to be perfect and a real breath of fresh air for everyone as we have been in the 90's as well. 91 right now at our bank.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/48625

doctorb

As you are setting this up so much in advance, don't forget the facial recognition technology so that the thread can identify for us those in attendance.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Wildflower

doctorb
Would you settle for name tags? ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

doctorb

Sure Tammy.  But why go cheap?  Why not have every FF attendee wear a T-shirt with a number and their name printed across their shoulders, like a football jersey? :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

Cedarman

I hope it means more money for food, drinks and door prizes. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Jeff

Here is a blast from the past. From our First Forestry Forum Gathering. Back in August of 2003. We are standing in front of the statue at the CCC Museum.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

That one was not a pigroast. It was a picnic where the Forestry Forum had an invitation from the state of Michigan to join them for the 100th anniversary of State Forestry. Those of us there consider it the first pigroast although technically it was not. Several of us met up here at our house the night before, just like we still do to this day.

Jeff

I'd like to add, that everyone in that photo other than two, is still an active forum member. One that was not a member then, but was the father-in-law of Whitepe which he still is, and the other is Mike P's grandson which he still is too. :)

Jeff

I was going to test the video feed this morning, but the weather is kinda crappy. Tomorrow we'll be mowing and getting the yard ready to start moving in tables and the food awning and stuff like that. Thats when I'll probably put the camera our for awhile.  Burlkraft arrives later today. He's my right arm this year. :D

isawlogs

Wish I could of been your other right, my left aint to good  ::) ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

Ya know, for us stay at homes, a walking line up would be cool.  Say, 11:00 have folks line up and walk past the camera, stating their board name.

It could work. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Warbird

"Hi, my name is _______ and I also post at the Forestry Forum."  ;D

Jeff

Maybe we could have a soul train theme and they could come up through the dance line with a name tag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbhTnV_U7Jo

ellmoe

Quote from: Jeff on August 03, 2011, 08:03:21 PM
Maybe we could have a soul train theme and they could come up through the dance line with a name tag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbhTnV_U7Jo

OK, just canceled my trip! :D
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Reddog

Na the eye ball on a stick is a lot of fun. First you look at the lap top it is plugged into and see who the stalkers are that are watching. Then you start talking about them around it. ;) Unless Jeff turns the mic off then it's no fun.  :(

Texas Ranger

Hey, I can see RaiderBill in Black Face, getting down 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

Maybe you need a hand mirror frame for the intro ductions just like they used on the 80's kids show Romper Room & Friends   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

clww

Sitting in Key West, FL and wishing I was in MI!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!