iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In West Central Florida and Visit with Tom

Started by rbarshaw, October 08, 2010, 05:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbarshaw

I and wife find ourselv's in west central Florida at Brooksville for nephew's wedding. We'll be here till Sunday morning, then to Silver Springs glass bottom boats that afternoon. We have to be home in SC Wed., as of now we have no plans for monday- wed.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Jasperfield

Don't be too concerned. Monday may not come.

rbarshaw

Monday is almost here, I'm hoping that someone might invite me by for a visit. I'm checking out from the hotel in brooksville, so I won't be online till this evening.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!

ellmoe

Your welcome to stop by my mill in Bushnell, but we're closed on Mondays. How about Tuesday. We're 3.5 miles west of I-75 on Hwy 48.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

rbarshaw

Quote from: ellmoe on October 11, 2010, 10:36:45 AM
 Your welcome to stop by my mill in Bushnell, but we're closed on Mondays. How about Tuesday. We're 3.5 miles west of I-75 on Hwy 48.

Mark
Sorry we missed you Mark, we're in Ga. already, tho' we do apreciate the invite.

rbarshaw

We did get to spend a few hours visiting with Tom, had a good time, Tom makes good coffee. I have pictures to post when I get home.

rbarshaw

Tom and my wife Linda

Tom and me

A couple of teens that came over to help move/cleanup some wood, I think they wanted to play with the tractor :D

Tom has a nice porch that was made from wood he cut and had treated, most of our visit was on that around some very good coffee. We all had a good time.

Tom

Yes, it was a study in personnel management.  One of the boys was surely excited about being able to drive the tractor.  He also did a fair job of moving and stacking the boards.  The other was pleasant enough and I watched him move 8 or 10 bricks, 30 feet, one at a time.  :D

That swing set a is mighty fine visiting station.  I found that time was too short when Linda and Bob had to get up and go to Georgia.  I could have sat there till dark.

customsawyer

What do you mean could have. I bet you have done it more than once. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!