iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clothes drier??

Started by Magicman, January 07, 2019, 12:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We are at the Cabin and PatD was complaining about the drier not drying the clothes.  Now what??

No wonder it would not dry.  A mouse had figured out how to get by the flap on the vent outlet.  Can't now.   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Did ya duct tape it shut?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

Good thing it didn't overheat, plugged up vent hoses and lint screens are a major cause of fire. 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Magicman

Yup da heat hasta get out or something is gonna heat up.  Generally the "wafer" will open up but.... :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

What was the final moisture content of the mouse??? or did he get away. help_me
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

alan gage

I thought that was a rotten possum skeleton (head is on the right with nose pointing down).

Makes a mouse nest seem downright pleasant.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Magicman

I see dat possum  :D  and da mouse got away too.   :-X  It's amazing what critters are doing while we sleep.   ::) 

Chuck White

I don't that "some" of them even bother to sleep!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pineywoods

MM, at least you lucked out better than me. Mr mouse did the same for me, plus he brought his lunch, handfull of pecans. Trashed the plastic blower = new drier
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

I raise you 3 moles and an Ermine.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

I got a deer, but I cannot find em!! smiley_furious3  , it goes by weight right?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Oh Rats, you guys have over trumped me already.  Anyway, I taped the flap shut and plan to take some ½" hardware cloth back with me.  ;D

submarinesailor

Quote from: Magicman on January 08, 2019, 09:01:47 PM
Oh Rats, you guys have over trumped me already.  Anyway, I taped the flap shut and plan to take some ½" hardware cloth back with me.  ;D
MM - if you can find it, I recommend you use the 1/4" hardware cloth.  Experience speaking here as in been there, done that.  I have had very young/small mice get thru 1/2", chew thru the duct and get much bigger in the cabin/house.  And you can take my word for it.....the wife does like the comment "they don't eat much." :D

Magicman

OK, ¼" it is which will not be a problem.  Strange thing is that the Cabin is 26 years old and this is the first time that one has decided to climb up and nose past the flap inside of the drier's  outside vent.

The only time that we have ever had a mouse actually inside of the Cabin was during the bedroom expansion when I failed to properly close a drain entrance.  And yes, that was only a ½" crack.  :o   :-X

Southside

Quote from: Magicman on January 08, 2019, 09:01:47 PMAnyway, I taped the flap shu

I was actually joking when I asked if you duct taped it!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on January 08, 2019, 09:39:27 PMThe only time that we have ever had a mouse actually inside of the Cabin was during the bedroom expansion when I failed to properly close a drain entrance. And yes, that was only a ½" crack.

Was that the mouse while I was there? That was a riot!

I think no one can beat the 3 mole and an ermine. Anybody can get a mouse or a deer.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

True, but I hate a noisy cab in a truck. And I think if I had video, I would win.  If you consider pounds of jerky, I would win!

Magicman

Quote from: Southside logger on January 08, 2019, 09:40:30 PMI was actually joking when I asked if you duct taped it!!
Actually that statement was what gave me the idea to tape it shut.  Since it knows that it can nose past the flap and into the vent, it would have it filled back up again before I can get back to the Cabin.

Yup Jeff, dat was da mouse, and yes, it was hilarious after we figured out that it was one smart mouse making the trip out the door, around the Cabin, up the drain, and back through the bedroom and into the kitchen.

low_48

First time it happened to me, I was putting some clothes in the drier and saw a lot of dirt inside the drum. I wiped it out, and ran the drier a bit to blow out whatever that was. Came back in from outside and the drier wasn't running. For some reason I assumed a lint ball was stuck somewhere. So pulled off the exhaust stack and got my shop vac hose into the drier. I was laying on my belly when I pulled the hose back out. First thing I saw was a tail! Dead ground squirrel got his head stuck in the fan I guess.

Second time I could hear the ground squirrel running around the outside of the drum. I opened the door and he was looking out at me through the lint trap. Took a couple attempts with the shop vac since he was on the other side of the fan. Finally heard a sound going through the shop vac hose when I went to the front and was banging in the drum.

I laugh every time I tell that first story. I thought I was hauling out a big rat when I first caught a glimpse of a tail!

Skip

I was told  the dryer sheets will repel vermin ,guy puts them around shroud on his splitter and boat motor etc. claims never had problems with mice nesting. Wife uses them maybe why never had mice in dryer (often wondered why).

Thank You Sponsors!