iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Resaw attachment for woodmizer LT40

Started by ED B, January 22, 2009, 01:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ED B

I want to build a resaw attachment for my LT 40. Any suggestions on where i can get DC motor and drive rollers! Steel is not a problem! Looking for help!
Do It With WOOD!

ARKANSAWYER

Mine is made of wood.  We just push the boards through nose to tail.
ARKANSAWYER

Tom

Ed,
Pushing it isn't too much of a problem, but you can find a DC motor in a trolling motor.   Small, inflatable tires make a good drive roller and work as a hold-down as well, if mounted on springs.

I haven't done it, but I've seen it done. :)

Fla._Deadheader

Wheelchair or scooter motors and controllers, could be had, cheaply, on ebay. We bought a spring loaded presser wheel from Surplus Center. We just shove them through like Arkansawyer. Good for him is good enough for us.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

trim4u2nv

I made some prototypes.  Used a powered treadmill belt with feed motor and wheelbarrow tires for hold downs.  Worked ok except the sideforce tended to pull the belt out of alignment.  Concluded treadmills aren't  designed for crossforce 90 degrees from belt direction.   (Pictures in my gallery.)   Needed to beef up sway arms for sideforce as the blade pulls the wheels, wood, and belt sandwiched together in the direction of blade travel (until the blank hits the fence.)  Needed to put a slipbelt on the feed to slow down or stop for knots, and junk in the wood.  I got by with a footswitch hooked to the feed motor.   

I ended up buying a robinson resaw with a bad starter and switches.  Took about 2 hours to fix with parts from ebay

Tom

schmism

why dont you use a stock power feeder...delta makes a number of sizes from the small versa feeder (~$300) to a large 240v 1hp 8speed 4 roller production job that runs like north of 1k

you could use melamine type product for a nice slippery table.
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

trim4u2nv

I tried a production power feeder with a conveyor section and it works good for uniform thickness boards.  My particular project called for vernier thickness cut from old beams.   A restaurant wanted to make simulated  siding with peg and mortise holes.  Started with 6 inches then(2) 3inches, 2-3/4, then 2-1/2 ect.   The adjustable tire holdowns were the way to go in this case.  But to make something like siding or splitting uniform boards in half, over and over, the power feeder would work.  Right after I finished this a linebar resaw came up for sale,  but the blade cost made me think twice after I hit a few nails with the cheap blades.

peterduncan

I am kinda new at this and I am curious about a "resaw" attachment. Does anyone have a drawing or a photo of one? I have a Timberking B20

ED B

Do It With WOOD!

ED B

Some real good ideas here guys. Thank you!
Do It With WOOD!

Thank You Sponsors!