iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forum Poll  What kind of mill do you own

Started by AtLast, April 05, 2003, 11:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

in the market and was curious to see which mill appears to be most popular and why

biziedizie

I own a pepper mill, it works great with my eggs and it's not too bad at the dinner table. It has no options that I know of but it sure does look pretty!  :)

Steve

Jeff

I dont own a mill but I am head sawyer for a commercial circle mill. I plan on buying a portable in the next year or so. I guess ya'll will know when I post the pictures what I choose. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

8) Wood-Mizer! 8)[/i][/url]

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

jimbo

Wood Mizer here also  hi queality and  support :D

Captain

;)[size=10]Peterson[/size];)The original and best...'cause I'm a nonconformist! ;D

Steve

Mobile Dimension

Bought my first one in '78, worked it hard and sold it 10 years later for what I paid for it new.
Bought my next one about 2 years ago. Don't work it or me hard but when I do we make real nice lumber.

Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

biziedizie

OK enough with the pepper mills, I own a Norwood mill as it was the right price and it can do what all the other mills can do for the size. I nearly bought the Wood Mizer lt15 but the Norwood gave more for the buck.
  With the Norwood you have to put it together which seemed like a pain in the butt but I'm sure glad that I did it as I know the saw like the back of my hand.
  Any of these small mills in my mind are introductory level mills and they are all great but you have to remember that you have to work your a** off dealing with the logs.
  Now in a year or two when I'm ready to buy a bigger mill I personally think that there's only one real choice for me and that would be a Wood Mizer. I've seen all their products and I just like the way they build the saws to be operator friendly.
  As I live in Canada I don't have alot of choices when it comes to mills but when I researched mills I sure found alot of companies in the States that make mills and if I lived there I would check them all out as there's some pretty good ones out there.
  I think if you spend the time and look around you will find what you need!

Steve

ElectricAl

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

dewwood

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Kevin_H.

Woodmizer
LT40hdg24, Setworks and Debarker...Next time I'm getting the cup holder too.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

Fergot to mention: I bought the MD because it was, by far, the most mill I could get for the money, on the used market.  I got it for $9000 through the Sawmill Exchange, and would have paid twice that for any bandmill that would have a prayer of keeping up with it.  The MD is a true one-man operation, because it brings you a complete board with every pull of the handle. The mill has built in edgers that eliminate the need for additional equipment, or the effort to run them. The product is ready to sticker as you take it from the mill. It even has the capability of producing 2 boards in one pass, if conditions are right. I don't regret this purchase for a moment. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

Mobile Dimension 127

No complaints.It's been a good little mill.

Here is another similar mill that I would like to try.I have talked with a mill owner in Washington,who runs two of them.They sound like a impressive mill.

Duncan Iron Works
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Frank_Pender

I own tow MD mills.  the rist I bought about 10 years ago.  The second is a special mill that was developed as experimental.   It is all hydraulic, loading dogging, raising al lowering the carrage, rolling the log as well as loading log stops.  It is truly a big boy toy.   The thrid mill is a head rig that was built special by Stevens Equipment Company in Salem, Oregon, some 25 plus years ago.  The builder was/is a speciality company in sawmill equipment.  the owner had it built special for a site in the Coast Range, for a logging musuem he and some friends were building.   It was a gift to me from the new owners of the land that Stevens had given them.  It has a 52" and tooth blade with a log length capacity of 24'.
Frank Pender

WoodChucker

If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

LeeB

TimberKing 1200, predecesor to the 1220. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Mark M

20 Hp Norwood Lumbermate 2000 - I like it.

Lenny

woodmills1

1993 WOODMIZER LT40HD G24[/color][/size]
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

bull

Started with a Woodmizer LT 15  in 1998
Now I have a 2001 Woodmizer LT40SUDPG36 with accusett,lubemiser,& debarker. GO ORANGE !!!!!  8)

ohsoloco

Norwood Lumbermate 2000, 20hp.  I purchased the Norwood cuz it gave me what I wanted at the best price, it's well built (I did it myself  ;D).  I was seriously considering a Peterson due to the fact it can mill very large diameter logs.  

I'm very happy with my purchase  :)

RMay

2002 WoodMazer LT40HDG24 with setworks,debarker,and a seat to ride on . 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

OneWithWood

2002 Woodmizer LT40HDG24 with debarker.  
The day is coming closer when I actually make some sawdust with it!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Lickskillet

Cook's Saw AC-36. Fully Hydraulic. Fully Satisfied. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!